Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA luv button...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BofA luv button...

used the button, then got the message:  call the 180#######........i didn't .a day later they called me!!

had to answer a few questions about income ,savings, what do i need the increase for

....then ok + $3000. for a moment i thought they were gonna cld me. i promise i wont hit that button again till 2011. 

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BofA luv button...

one more thing they softed all 3 cb   Smiley Surprised
Message 2 of 16
Woolfman
Established Contributor

same thing happened to me last month .. well except i only got +1k Smiley Happy hehe but i got the message to call and didnt and sure enough they called me.
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

i m just glad i was not hit with a cld, my card is only 13 months old started with $800  now 11k
Message Edited by boamacy on 12-30-2009 04:30 PM
Message 4 of 16
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Good heads up for those shopping for CLI's --if you're going to peep over the edge of your trench, you'd better make sure that all your reports are as good as you can get them! You never know what they're going to check.

At least they're still doing softs for customer-requested CLI's instead of hards, as does Chase. Smiley Tongue
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree, just to be more precise, EX was softed the day I hit the luv button, EQ & TU were softed the day I received the call.
Message 6 of 16
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

I posted this beforeand I will now again:

Per my conversation with a BofA credit analyst at the current time all CLI requests made via the "Luv Button" are either: 1) denied or 2) get the "phone in" message. There are currently no computer granted increases.

For a while they were acting on some of the increase requests when you did not call them without calling you. It is possible that they now have a policy of calling you when you do not call them. The point is that if you complete a "Luv Button" CLI request with BofA at this time a credit analyst's eyeballs will be perusing your account/credit info. It's best to be sure you have every i dotted and t crossed before you ask for a CLI - some have ended up with a CLD, or worse an account closure, for their efforts!

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I checked my reports this morning and EX is already reporting the new CL, that was quick ! Smiley Very Happy

this is my first card ever with a  cl > 10k it s something to me, since my whole credit history is only 13 months.

This forum rocks, thanks everyone.

Message 8 of 16
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

I posted this beforeand I will now again:

Per my conversation with a BofA credit analyst at the current time all CLI requests made via the "Luv Button" are either: 1) denied or 2) get the "phone in" message. There are currently no computer granted increases.

For a while they were acting on some of the increase requests when you did not call them without calling you. It is possible that they now have a policy of calling you when you do not call them. The point is that if you complete a "Luv Button" CLI request with BofA at this time a credit analyst's eyeballs will be perusing your account/credit info. It's best to be sure you have every i dotted and t crossed before you ask for a CLI - some have ended up with a CLD, or worse an account closure, for their efforts!

That's the exact reason I won't disturb either of my BoA cards for a good long while.

Out of sight out of mind.  Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 16
Woolfman
Established Contributor

not me while i would hate to lose the 3.5k CL .. Im going to keep pushing my luck every 3 to 6 months and hit that darn button Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.