Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA luv button...

tag
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: BofA luv button...

Woolfman wrote:
not me while i would hate to lose the 3.5k CL .. Im going to keep pushing my luck every 3 to 6 months and hit that darn button Smiley Happy

I was CLI'ed via the "Luv Button"/phone in method from $3.5K to $7.5K in July 2009. So it is possible to do well, but there many are snakes and gators in the pond if you stumble off the log...
Message 11 of 16
Woolfman
Established Contributor

My card was opened 6/08 with a 1k CL and around march 09  the first time i hit the button i went from 1k to 2.5k ( instant approval) and then in Oct or Nov (i cant remember) i hit it again and got the please call us and didnt call and that was when they called me and asked me a few questions and  i walked away from it with another 1k.  The one thing that actually surprised me is I actually got a preapproved offer for the world points card when i first opened it . I had nothing but an orchard card that had been opened just a month . I had No other credit history as i had done nothing but cash for the last ten years or so after i got divorced. 

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Woolfman wrote:
not me while i would hate to lose the 3.5k CL .. Im going to keep pushing my luck every 3 to 6 months and hit that darn button Smiley Happy

Well, just be careful, and you might want to wait for the long end of that 3 to 6 months (closer to 6 than to 3), if you'd hate to lose your credit line or your account, entirely. I think they're being a little more forgiving for "every 6 months", according to a credit analyst. And, make sure that your reports are clean and your UTI is low when hitting that button. They're definitely checking.
Message 13 of 16
Watchmann
Valued Contributor

@Woolfman wrote:

As the Japanes proverb says, "The nail that sticks up gets hammered down".  Proceed at your own risk.  Asking for a CLI does not mean you may get a CLD instead.  This is not 2006 or 2007 in the credit business, times have changed.
Message 14 of 16
Woolfman
Established Contributor

@Watchmann wrote:

@Woolfman wrote:

As the Japanes proverb says, "The nail that sticks up gets hammered down".  Proceed at your own risk.  Asking for a CLI does not mean you may get a CLD instead.  This is not 2006 or 2007 in the credit business, times have changed.
I understand the risk and i fully accept it. Im not worried about it. Its just another credit card. Some are better than others . some just suck . If bank of america doesnt want my business that is their choice and im not going to whine about it . There are plenty of cards out there that do want my money . Honestly if they did CLD me , It wouldnt break my heart because as it stand now i feel like i have more than i will ever use . If I do ever use all of my CLI i would have some serious issues and need some major help. The fun in it to me is just to see how far i can press my luck and you can never gamble with out the chance of losing.
Message 15 of 16
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

LilMirth wrote:

Woolfman wrote:

Well, just be careful, and you might want to wait for the long end of that 3 to 6 months (closer to 6 than to 3), if you'd hate to lose your credit line or your account, entirely. I think they're being a little more forgiving for "every 6 months", according to a credit analyst. And, make sure that your reports are clean and your UTI is low when hitting that button. They're definitely checking.

Back in the "old days" you used to get a CLI once a year - that's it! Personally I think a request once per year from BofA is quite enough - and everything else better be letter perfect. Also remember they are looking at the available revolving credit to income ratio - so a perfect record with too much available credit may knock you out (or down), too. More frequent requests just tempt fate a little too much.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.