Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA opinions please

tag
bobtail
Regular Contributor

Re: BofA opinions please

no bk, if they pulled ex it is clean no baddies, have a paid mtg. and orchard card reporting 0 bal.

EQ & TU 04 paid judgment,  paid mtg and Orchard

Heard Cabellos is fairly easy to get, any thoughts?

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

DH was preapproved on the BofA site early July for 4,000.  App'd for and received Cabela's in April  for $5,000.  In Utah BofA pulled EQ, and after card was received they softed EX & TU.  Cabela's pulled EQ and has never soft pulled.  The Cabela's card is pretty nifty - although there are some reports on these forums of Cabela's recently CLD'ing.  DH's has not been touched.  BofA did CLD from 4,000 to 500.

The primary difference between BofA and Cabela's is that BofA qualifies as a bank card.  You need at least one bank card - do you already have one?  There are several other bank cards that are probably better behaved (at least slightly) right now.

Good luck!

Message 12 of 19
bobtail
Regular Contributor

Hello,

No I do not have a bank card.  Suggestions?

Message 13 of 19
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@bobtail wrote:

Hello,

No I do not have a bank card.  Suggestions?

Your Orchard card is a bank card.
Message 14 of 19
bobtail
Regular Contributor

Guess, what I meant was, any suggestions where to apply for a bank card that would give a cl 1000.  My orchard is only 320.
Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let's see, your scores are in the 700's, and you have an Orchard at 320.  So it seems you are basically looking for a higher CL - and you don't have to worry that it is a bank card because you already have one.  Give us a little more info - any baddies on your acct?  What other accounts do you have - what are their CL's and balances - how old are they?

Did you try the Cabela's?  They seem to be pretty good at decent starting CL's, as are Macy's.

Message 16 of 19
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

If you have a thin credit file a 700ish FICO score will overstate your expected outcome. Be careful here.

Have you considered a CU?

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

CU's are great!  Alliant is one of several that are highly touted in these forums.  DH received $10,000 Alliant Visa - his only other card at the time was Orchard at $500.
Message 18 of 19
bobtail
Regular Contributor

no bk, if they pulled ex it is clean no baddies, have a paid mtg. and orchard card reporting 0 bal.

EQ & TU     04 paid judgment,  two paid mtg's (one paid mtg. is currently reporting 120 days late from 05, and mtg. was paid in full in 2005)  and Orchard Bank Card

Have a MC from 1991, that is reporting 0 bal and paid as agreed.  Can't reopen it is from a company CU, that I no longer work for.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.