Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA opinions please

tag
bobtail
Regular Contributor

BofA opinions please

Tried BofA, preapproval got this reply:

Unfortunately, we are unable to provide you with any special online pre approved credit card offers at this time.

However, you can still take advantage of other Bank of America offers below:

Bank of America Accelerated Cash Rewards American Express

Bank of America World Points Platinum Plus MasterCard

Bank of America Platinum Plus MasterCard Credit Card

Does this mean it is not worth a hard pull?

EQ 700

TU 711

EX fako 740

Message Edited by bobtail on 08-23-2009 07:37 AM
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: BofA opinions please

Have you opted out?
Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bobtail wrote:

Tried BofA, preapproval got this reply:

Unfortunately, we are unable to provide you with any special online pre approved credit card offers at this time.

However, you can still take advantage of other Bank of America offers below:

Bank of America Accelerated Cash Rewards American Express

Bank of America World Points Platinum Plus MasterCard

Bank of America Platinum Plus MasterCard Credit Card

Does this mean it is not worth a hard pull?

EQ 700

TU 711

EX fako 740

Message Edited by bobtail on 08-23-2009 07:37 AM

Apparently when they did a soft pull for the preapprovals something in your CRB triggered a negative response from them.  Personally, I'd pass since under the best of circumstances BofA is quirky.

Message 3 of 19
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Has anybody been pre-app'ed for a card through this site recently?
Message 4 of 19
jaysdad2k
Frequent Contributor

I check BOA periodically for pre-approvals. I got one in February or March for $3,000 but didn't take it. Then in June I got pre-approved for $3,500 but didn't apply.

I think the offers expire within 60-90 days.

"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice."- Anton Chekhov
4/11 TU 743 4/11 EQ 763
Message 5 of 19
SocalMark
Regular Contributor

What CRA does BOA soft pull?
Message 6 of 19
Established Contributor

I live in AZ and they soft pull EX for me. At least 4 times in the past year.
Message 7 of 19
jackg
Established Contributor

bobtail,

Without knowing the content of your reports I would recommend that you pass. If BofA declined you it's highly probable that the others they recommend will do the same. Save yourself the the grief. Bof A is not BK friendly so if that's part of your history it's the probable reason for the denial.

FICO scores on November 17, 2014 (prior to applying for and being approved my mortgage)

EX=738
EQ=735
TU=754

FICO scores on March 4, 2015 after being approved for mortgage and buying the home, the mortgage isn't yet reporting.
EX- 689 EQ- 739 TU- 739
Message 8 of 19
DI
Super Contributor

Consider it a blessing not getting a BOA card.  They are very generous with the initial CL, but they have by far the worse customer service.  They have too many numbers, and will transfer you all over the place should you have a problem that need to be addressed.

My CL was $5000.  I cancelled the card back in May after having it for a year.  Bad customer service and too many inquries on my credit reports from them contributed to the cancellation.  

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't tried their preapproval recently since I have the Worldpoints MC, but I can tell you I always got the secured card...never the 99/500 or anything. People with sub-600 scores (like high 500s) were getting 99/500. So I said F' it and dropped $1000 for a secured card and then another $1000 for a $2K limit. Had it for 9 months, called them up, and they graduated me (I stressed that I really needed the cash and I've been PIFing for 9 mos...it would have been unreasonable to keep me for three more months). Plus, it helped that BOA was going through Bailout at the time... Smiley Happy They then doubled my limit to $4k. With the credit card, never really had any issues. Just going to accumulate points until I get to my 5 year limit and then get something nice...maybe travel tickets. I reckon I'll have about 80000 points by that time. Maybe 100000 but not sure. I don't exclusively use my card....
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.