Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA question

tag
markcerm
New Contributor

BofA question

Well for my last card I applied for BofA, and got a reply back that it has to be reviewed and they will let me know in 30 days. Is that bad? whats the chances to get the card when you dont get instant approval? my TU score is 710 my EX score is 700 and last question should I call them on monday or just wait it out?

thanks again for all your help

Starting Score: 570
Current Score: 666
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

Re: BofA question

The "wait 30 days" message doesn't mean no. I would wait it out. Only call if you get denied and push for recon.

Were you pre-approved? With BofA that can make all the difference.

Message 2 of 5
markcerm
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply,

no I wasn't pre approved, I did get something in the mail from them saying I was pre selected

Message 3 of 5
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

It's basically the same thing, just different wording, just like Citi does with the solicitations.  BOA has been bombarding me with pre-selected, preapproval for the same exact card they approved me for 2 weeks ago.  It gets abit annoying.  As prev poster said, wait it out, and if declined, call for recon then.  The system gets slammed with applications that  need to be looked at manually, because they might be marginally scored by the computer, or additional info might need verified, etc.

Good luck, and report your results back here on the forum.

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 4 of 5
markcerm
New Contributor

Got approved for BofA Smiley Happy couldent wait so I called got a automated response saying it was approved and ill get my welcome pack in 10days along with new card.  I don't know the limit but im happy I got in with them.

now I can just let some time go by and build AAOA

thanks for all your help

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.