Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA "Request a credit line increase" button just shows up

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BofA "Request a credit line increase" button just shows up

Hi Guys,

Well the "Request a credit line increase" button in BofA's online banking site just shows up after a year, is my understanding that if i go after the increase will be a HP on TransUnion, well for what i read here, BofA is really good with CLI, (TU 753), also i read that the HP is valid for 30 days, so i have a question,

If i go for the increase can i apply for another CC using the same HP?, means will they used the same HP for the increase and for the new CC application ?

Also, i see this that was not there yesterday:

(0.00% promotional APR until Sep 2017 on balance transfers completed by Oct 17, 2016. After that, 15.24% a variable APR based on the U.S. Prime Rate.

My APR right now is 15.24% and my CL is $7500.

Should i go for it?, i have been with them for over 2 years, i currently bank with them and have my CH/S account there, i always use the card and PIF, never a balance, have a great file with them, i I'm thinking in asking 25k and see what they offer me back.

Thank you guys.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

Re: BofA "Request a credit line increase" button just shows up

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Guys,

Well the "Request a credit line increase" button in BofA's online banking site just shows up after a year, is my understanding that if i go after the increase will be a HP on TransUnion, well for what i read here, BofA is really good with CLI, (TU 753), also i read that the HP is valid for 30 days, so i have a question,

If i go for the increase can i apply for another CC using the same HP?, means will they used the same HP for the increase and for the new CC application ?

(0.00% promotional APR until Sep 2017 on balance transfers completed by Oct 17, 2016. After that, 15.24% a variable APR based on the U.S. Prime Rate.

Should i go for it?, i have been with them for over 2 years, i currently bank with them and have my CH/S account there, i always use the card and PIF, never a balance, have a great file with them, i I'm thinking in asking 25k and see what they offer me back.

Thank you guys.

On the one hand I'm surprised it took you a year for the button to show. Had it ever popped up before? I'm 3 monthss in and patiently waiting for mine though I suppose I could just call and ask for a HP.

Anyway I'm fairly certain you can't get a card with the same HP. Yes, it will pull TU. BTW, 15% APR is good.

FICO- Experian: 797, TransUnion: 781, Equifax: 804 (Updated Monthly)
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Credit_hawk wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Guys,

Thank you guys.

On the one hand I'm surprised it took you a year for the button to show. Had it ever popped up before? I'm 3 monthss in and patiently waiting for mine though I suppose I could just call and ask for a HP.

Anyway I'm fairly certain you can't get a card with the same HP. Yes, it will pull TU. BTW, 15% APR is good.

I had it before but never use it because the HP, then was gone, now it came back lol, like 3 months ago i called BofA and asked for APR reduction, after few minutes on hold i got 15.24%.

So if i apply for another credit card will be another HP right?, i really don't need another BofA credit card that to increase the limit needs a HP, just was asking because the HP is valid for 30 days so perhaps i can kill both with just one HP.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine went and came back as well.

It will def be an HP but from my understanding bofa is very generous.
Message 4 of 8
Viva-LV
Frequent Contributor

CLI button for my BOA Cash Rewards just showed up, 45 days after my last cli.  BOA is on it!

Am Ex | BOA | Chase | Citi | Disc | PenFed | USB | 400K Club
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Guys,

Well i went ahead and took the bullet, asked for 25K and got the famous 7-10 days message, called the next day and was approved for $10.100, right there asked again for 15k and went into review, got a call just now and i was approved for 15K.

Went from $7500 to $15.000.

Unless a SP offer, i won't be asking for any CLI anymore on this card, too much HP's this year (10), 15K is a great CL for me on this card.

Thank you guys for all your help.

Message 6 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Way to utilize that hp OpSmiley Happy. Enjoy itSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I JUST got my BofA card about a month ago and after reading this thread I went online to look and I have the CLI link there.  Wonder why?  I've only been using it a month!  Granted I have been with BofA since around 1990 AND have a lot of money with them.  I only applied for the card once I was about 9 months post BR13 discharge.  Anyone think its odd to have that link there so soon?

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.