cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA recon success!! Barclays recon denial!!

tag
mcharman
Valued Member

BofA recon success!! Barclays recon denial!!

I haven't seen very many posts for recons with Bank of America, so I thought I would post my experience.

Yesterday I applied for a Bank of America credit card and a Barclays Apple credit card.  I was denied for both due to bad credit history, 90% of which was caused by a family member getting credit in my name (you can look at some of my other posts if you really care about the story). 

I called the backdoor number today for Bank of America and spoke with an analyst.  After answering several questions and explaining the reason for the negative history, she approved me for $1000, which I am extremely happy about.  She was very nice and understanding of the situation. 

With the excitment of my success, I decided to go ahead and call Barclays too.  She only asked me a couple of questions, but I went ahead and explained about my family member getting credit in my name and that I have gotten a lot of the negative information removed, but still working on the rest.  She said that she would not be able to approve me and that I should try to call back once I have established some more credit.  I was little disappointed after reading all the positive response people have been getting on recon's from Barclays, but what can you do.

Oh well, I'm going to take my BofA card and be very happy with it...

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
cf2701
Regular Contributor

Re: BofA recon success!! Barclays recon denial!!

Congrats on the BofA! You mind me asking what your scores are like?
BBVA Clearpoints $16,000 | Discover $13,900 | CECU Visa $10,000 | NFCU Go Rewards Visa Sig. $18,500 | NFCU CLOC $15,000 | PayPal CB MC $10,000 | Paypal Credit $10,000 | Card $7,500 | AMX Hilton Honors Ascend $2,000 | Wayfair $23,900 | Sportsmans Guide Visa $12,400 | Kohls $3,000 | Capital One Savor One $3,500 | PNC Cash Rewards $17,000 | PenFed Power Cash Rewards $10,000 | PenFed Gold $10,000 | Lowe's $20,000 | Best Buy Visa $4,000 | Home Depot $4,000 | NFCU Platinum $25,000
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

which card from BOA?

Message 3 of 6
mcharman
Valued Member

Thanks!  It was the BofA Cash Rewards Visa. 

As of 5/30 my TU score was 642 and as of 7/18 my EQ score was 658.  I think they pulled EX though (not for sure) and I don't know what the credit score is.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kinda ironic is I had the exact opposite happen. Applied for both BofA and Barclays Apple iTunes. Denied for both. Recon for both. Approved for barclays and denied again for BofA. 

btw, BofA pulled EX while Barclays pulled TU.

Message 5 of 6
mcharman
Valued Member

I actually read several threads on here talking about how nice Barclays is and how they will usually approve upon recon.  However, the woman I spoke with wasn't rude...but she wasn't very nice either.  She didn't seem to be very willing to help.  So, I think what happened to you is more the norm.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.