Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA recon success!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BofA recon success!

The good, the bad and the ugly:

My scores are 695-715, as of April 30. EX is the lowest, which I think is what BofA pulled.

I was rejected after the "we need more time" email, with a msg that said something like "You've been rejected for reasons other than credit score."

I called recon today. Verified some current details (work, salary, etc.) Then asked me about VERY old accounts that had lates. He asked me about an old gas card from 1997. Then he said, " You were late twice with HSBC in....oh forget it, it was a long time ago." (it was 2003) ?? and was my last late.

Asked if I'd ever declared bk (no). Asked if I'd ever had a hospital bill charge off (nope) ??? I have no idea what that was about: I always had an HMO or Blue Cross, and paid bills thru work.

Then he put me on hold to talk to his manager.

Came back with "Well, your credit is a little shaky (hey!) but I can give you a 2000 limit today."

Which isn't fabulous, but at least it's a start!

And except for insulting my credit, Smiley Happy, I have to say I was very happy with the service. Mostly because they said yes!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
nicemann
Established Contributor

Re: BofA recon success!

Congrads....keep a good relationship with BoA and they will take care of you down the road. I started off with a secured card, and now I have three CCs with them with over 22k in CLs.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BofA recon success!

Thus endeth my credit card drought. Smiley Very Happy

The funny thing is I can't remember which one I applied for. I guess it'll be a surprise when it gets here!

ETA: I think it was one of the world points cards? maybe possibly?

Message Edited by pjxf99 on 05-14-2008 06:04 AM

Message Edited by pjxf99 on 05-14-2008 06:53 AM
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.