Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA secured card with bk

tag
vtguy25
Contributor

BofA secured card with bk

I am wondering if anyone has gotten a bofa secured card after bk and if so how long and did it graduate. I am gardening right now for the next six months but wondering if this would be a way to get in with them beginning of next year? I will be closing one card in feb b4 the annual fee hits and want to replace it with a somewhat prime if at all possible. Right now I have mymilestone card $300 limit 75af and merrick bank secured 300 limit 39af and apple Barclay $2000 and auto loan. So looking for advice for after I'm done gardening. Sorry it's kind of a long post just trying to have a plan of attack I'm making good progress so far sitting at a 660 eq score
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

Re: BofA secured card with bk

If you EQ fico is really 660 you should be able to get cap one QS. You could also try a barclaycard rewards mastercard. Did you burn boa in the bk? I used to like my boa secured but when they would not auto unsecure mine after 12 months of perfect payment history and a lot of usage. They just wanted to HP me again. 

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 2 of 9
vtguy25
Contributor

That's what I was worried about that it wouldn't unsecure it's self. Yes my myfico is reading 660 but capital one hasn't touched me since bk I did burn them not high dollar amounts though but they were charged off before bk so I think that maybe why. But I will try again in 6 months after I garden for a bit. Thanks for your advice
Message 3 of 9
baller4life
Super Contributor

Love BOA. My $300 secured unsecured last month after 6 months. Cli to $1500 then today to $10k. Here are the requirements:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Bank-Of-America-Secured-Card-Requirements/m-p...
Message 4 of 9
baller4life
Super Contributor

What is your Experian score? That is who BOA usually pulls for new apps.
Message 5 of 9
vtguy25
Contributor

I am at 660 right now. But looks like I prob wouldn't qualify cause I am only 12 months post bk
Message 6 of 9
baller4life
Super Contributor

I thought 660 was your Equifax not Experian. But, if you are only 12 months post, according to their published requirements you wouldn't qualify. Sorry.
Message 7 of 9
vtguy25
Contributor

Sorry didn't read the close enough I don't know what my ex score is. But doesn't matter at this point. Thanks for your information though!
Message 8 of 9
bk510
Valued Contributor

@baller4life wrote:
I thought 660 was your Equifax not Experian. But, if you are only 12 months post, according to their published requirements you wouldn't qualify. Sorry.

i got mine at 2yr post discharge.......

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.