Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA secured graduated after 3 years!

tag
_NERD
Established Contributor

BofA secured graduated after 3 years!

It's actually DW's acct, I'm an AU. Three years to the date and they finally graduated it & sent her deposit back into her checking account. She's calling a backdoor number shortly for a CLI. Does anyone know which CRA BofA pulls for CLI?

These last several weeks have been really great to us on the credit front.

3B profile optimization in progress...
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BofA secured graduated after 3 years!

That's wonderful! Congratulations! 

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations to DW!! It looks like that's how long it's going to take them to unsecure my card too Smiley Frustrated

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Forgot to answer your question; BOA pulls TU for CLIs.

Message 4 of 13
NichelleN
Established Contributor

Congratulations!!!

BofA finally unsecured my $300 card a couple of weeks ago. It had also been yearsssssssssssss. It had been so long that I hardly thought about it anymore.

More than enough credit.
Message 5 of 13
GeorgiaBulldog
Regular Contributor

Congrats!  BofA typically pulls TU for CLIs.

Favorite cards: AMEX Morgan Stanley Platinum | BofA Alaska | Chase Hyatt | Citi AA Executive | FNBO Amtrak
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!!  I wish I learned about MyFico forum sooner.  I've had my BoA secured card since 2013.  It became unsecured after a year but I never knew I could request a CLI until I started reading the MyFico forum approximately 2 months ago.  

Last month,  I called to see if I could have the card upgraded to one of their reward cards.  I was told no so I figured since I had the rep on the phone I might as well just go for a CLI.  I requested $5k and was approved!!! I called approx 1 week later to ask again about a PC.   The rep submitted the request for me and issued me a case number.  I was told I would receive a response within one week.  The next day I received an email stating that my case was resolved and I needed to call to find out the resolution.  

I called and found out I was approved to have my card upgraded to the BoA Cash Rewards card.  They said it would take 2-4 weeks to receive the upgraged card.  It did take the entire 4 weeks before I received the card.  It just came in the mail a few days ago.  

Message 7 of 13
Namaste7
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations to DW!! It looks like that's how long it's going to take them to unsecure my card too Smiley Frustrated

Don't say that... That means my conversion will be processed next decade Smiley LOLSmiley Sad

BofA's analysts appear highly involved in the account management, which definitely results in variability in outcome. I'm not as motivated to use the card heavily  since I did not receve the auto-grad on my anniversary; I am considering requesting a CLD to put those funds to better use. 

+1 to OP for sharing (and *cheering* for OP's DW on the  unexpected home run in the last inning)

~~MMXX~~
2024 Goal$
2023 Goal$
FICOs 760+
Message 8 of 13
_NERD
Established Contributor

Thanks for the love, everyone. DW's TU FICO 8 is 751, her highest of the three scores! I can't wait to see what her CLI looks like when she calls in the morning. She called today 7 minutes after the analyst numbers were closed for the day.

And the BofA statement cuts next Monday. $1 balance for sure, as that is the only account under her own name. She's AU on three of my TLs.

3B profile optimization in progress...
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxdoc wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Don't say that... That means my conversion will be processed next decade Smiley LOLSmiley Sad

BofA's analysts appear highly involved in the account management, which definitely results in variability in outcome. I'm not as motivated to use the card heavily  since I did not receve the auto-grad on my anniversary; I am considering requesting a CLD to put those funds to better use. 

+1 to OP for sharing (and *cheering* for OP's DW on the  unexpected home run in the last inning)

Don't feel bad, I'm on month 14 with my 99/500 secured card with no sign of graduation in sight. To be fair though, I've only used the card maybe 4-5 times since I opened it. I'm sure if I used the card more it might help, but there's no rewards on it.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.