Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA unsecured!

tag
Roxlie
Contributor

BofA unsecured!

Just want to say thanks for all the success stories people have posted about calling BofA to have their cards unsecured.  I opened it on May 10, 2008 with $300.  I was looking at the account today and realized it was just over 9 months, so I called the number on the card and asked about unsecuring.

The woman told me to wait until 12 months and call back.  So I called the backdoor and asked again and the guy said my account was eligible at 9 months for a review and asked if I wanted to try it.

He put me on hold for a couple minutes and came back and said as of today the card is unsecured and they gave me a $500 CLI as well.

It's a far cry from other peoples 10k + limits, but I am darned happy about it!

9 months and 7 days...thanks again folks!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: BofA unsecured!

Super congrats!!

tell me "no" once -shame on them.  don't hang up and try a backdoor number -shame on you, lol. WTG Roxlie!!

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 2 of 14
barbaralee
Established Contributor

Congratulations, that's great! Smiley Happy I would be over the moon as well.
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

CongratsSmiley Very Happymine unsecured last week also gave me 500 increase and i also did a product change to the worldpoints for the rewards and better cli.
Message 4 of 14
Roxlie
Contributor

Hmm I forgot about a product change I was so excited about it being unsecured.  But thinking now..I don't want to look to eager as they gave me this secured card with a BK from 2006 on my report.  I want to show them that I've become more responsible first.  Possibly I should wait like 6 months or so?

Message Edited by Roxlie on 02-17-2009 12:33 PM
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Roxlie wrote:

Hmm I forgot about a product change I was so excited about it being unsecured.  But thinking now..I don't want to look to eager as they gave me this secured card with a BK from 2006 on my report.  I want to show them that I've become more responsible first.  Possibly I should wait like 6 months or so?

Message Edited by Roxlie on 02-17-2009 12:33 PM

I did a product change the same day I called and asked for the card to be unsecured.  This was last week.  The CSR that unsecured the card said I should wait 6 months before asking for the change, but she sent me to that department anyway.  I was given the World Points card.

I'd say give it a try.

Message 6 of 14
oracles
Valued Contributor

Great job Roxlie

Congrats

I would call them now and try to do a product change to the worldpoints card.

you will have a better card and regular cli's.

hope this helps

Message 7 of 14
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Congractulations....
Message 8 of 14
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

Sweet! Congratulations!

Message 9 of 14
kay82
Regular Contributor

Congrats Rox.....love to read success stories !!
12-08 TU 654 EQ 630 EX 628

12-08 TU 640 new accounts

1-31-09 EQ 644 15% util !!!
2-10-09 EX 663 15% util !!!
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.