Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA!!! :)

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

BofA!!! :)

So last month my father opened BofA with me as auth. (I'm trying to get my foot in the door!)
the pre-approval was for 6500, when the card came it was only $500.  We closed the account, just called now after reading all the recon. and got it re-opened with 5k.  Nothing compared to his other cl's but with current debt and new credit standards we will take it!!
It's the Amex
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: BofA!!! :)

That is good news....Smiley Happy They would not give me a card for my biz even though I have all accounts with them. You are very lucky.....Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

well so far I have not had luck with the business card either.
Wonder if I should call back and get a different rep, the business card was declined because of outstanding debt (the same amount of debt that showed for the personal card that we got grilled for answers on but then approved anyway)
Message 3 of 9
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I really like BOA Free Payroll for my business. It saves a great deal of time and efforts for me to organize my payroll and make timely deposits. That is the only reason I am keeping BOA Account. Otherwise, I would have closed it long time time ago. Well next month my 99/500 Account should be come unsecure, then I'll ask them and see if they would convert it to Biz Card then I can use it as Biz card and ask for CLI.
Message 4 of 9
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:
I really like BOA Free Payroll for my business. It saves a great deal of time and efforts for me to organize my payroll and make timely deposits. That is the only reason I am keeping BOA Account. Otherwise, I would have closed it long time time ago. Well next month my 99/500 Account should be come unsecure, then I'll ask them and see if they would convert it to Biz Card then I can use it as Biz card and ask for CLI.

It seems that a lot of people have had awesome luck with that. What was the reason BOA denied you? Did you try recon?

Maybe business criteria is a bit more strict?
Here we go again...
Message 5 of 9
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

They wouldn't convert to biz card for me a month ago. Said it was two different depts. Maybe you'll have different experience. That's one that seems to happen around here, just when you think it's an absolute rule w/ a CCC someone seems to get around or over it.

Jax
Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 6 of 9
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

They come up with some stupid excuses. They talk about paid charge offs.They pull my TU and I have 710 on it. Very low debt less than $200 or $300. I was so upset with underwriter when I talked last time. I told them Citi gave me 2 cards with more than $15k CL each and what is so great about BOA. I can never understand their logic. It is funny, Citi does want to give LOC for my biz but they can not give because they dont have branches in NH where my biz has office.  Soon I'll be opening a branch office in NJ and then I'll open Citi Biz Account and get LOC for my biz. Even CapOne is willing to give Biz LOC. I dont understand the stupid reasons BOA gives me.

It seems that a lot of people have had awesome luck with that. What was the reason BOA denied you? Did you try recon?

Message 7 of 9
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:
They come up with some stupid excuses. They talk about paid charge offs.They pull my TU and I have 710 on it. Very low debt less than $200 or $300. I was so upset with underwriter when I talked last time. I told them Citi gave me 2 cards with more than $15k CL each and what is so great about BOA. I can never understand their logic. It is funny, Citi does want to give LOC for my biz but they can not give because they dont have branches in NH where my biz has office. Soon I'll be opening a branch office in NJ and then I'll open Citi Biz Account and get LOC for my biz. Even CapOne is willing to give Biz LOC. I dont understand the stupid reasons BOA gives me.

How old are the COs?
Here we go again...
Message 8 of 9
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Any thing negative I have on my CR is at least 3-4 year old. These are Paid/ Charge off they are complaning about, that happned at least 3-4 years ago. I had it enough and I have no patience to deal with them. I'll use the checking account and free payroll service. Rest I'll goto Citi Bank. 

How old are the COs?

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.