Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA

tag
UpNComing
Established Contributor

BofA

I got the 30 day message from BofA for the World Points.  this morning.  Do I have to wait the ten days before finding out my fate?  I called the back door number (866-506-5067), they have no record of my application yet.
CSP ($5k); Chase MileagePlus Explorer Visa Sig. ($6k); Chase Freedom Visa Sig. ($6k); BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Sig. ($5k); Amex PRG (NPSL); Amex BCE ($1k); Citi Thank You ($5.4k); Barclay Apple ($4.2k) CapOne Cash ($2.5k) CapOne Platinum ($2.5k) Wells Fargo Home Project Visa ($10.3k) Discover IT ($1.5k) WalMart ($3k); Lowes ($3k); Amazon ($5k); Kohls($1.5k)

Scores: Equ Fico 715 ~ Exp 724 ~ TU Fico 682
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Scamp
Valued Contributor

Re: BofA

UpNComing wrote:
I got the 30 day message from BofA for the World Points.  this morning.  Do I have to wait the ten days before finding out my fate?  I called the back door number (866-506-5067), they have no record of my application yet.

No, you don't have to wait 30 days, but you do have to wait a couple hours!  Smiley Very Happy

Give it a few hours after apping to call the backdoor number again.  Sometimes takes a bit to get into the system.  Smiley Wink

Good luck!

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 2 of 9
UpNComing
Established Contributor

The really crazy thing is there is no record of my app on the app status page online either.   I wonder if something went haywire. I apped 8 hours ago.  Smiley Indifferent Wierd.
CSP ($5k); Chase MileagePlus Explorer Visa Sig. ($6k); Chase Freedom Visa Sig. ($6k); BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Sig. ($5k); Amex PRG (NPSL); Amex BCE ($1k); Citi Thank You ($5.4k); Barclay Apple ($4.2k) CapOne Cash ($2.5k) CapOne Platinum ($2.5k) Wells Fargo Home Project Visa ($10.3k) Discover IT ($1.5k) WalMart ($3k); Lowes ($3k); Amazon ($5k); Kohls($1.5k)

Message 3 of 9
Scamp
Valued Contributor

UpNComing wrote:
The really crazy thing is there is no record of my app on the app status page online either.   I wonder if something went haywire. I apped 8 hours ago.  Smiley Indifferent Wierd.

Yeah, weird sometimes happens - happened to me when I apped for my 2nd card with them.  Kept calling the backdoor number to check status, and nobody could find my app, even at the 8-hour-plus mark.  I should have just gritted my teeth and waited til morning and called again then, but I got frustrated, re-apped over the phone only to get a denial.

Called to recon the next day or a couple days later (can't recall for sure now), and found out only then that the re-app had been denied because I'd actually been approved on the original app.

I was lucky - they kindly agreed to delete the extra inq for my duplicate app.

Hang in there and be patient.  If they still can't find it tomorrow, THEN maybe worry...

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 4 of 9
UpNComing
Established Contributor

scapegrace13 wrote:

UpNComing wrote:

Yeah, weird sometimes happens - happened to me when I apped for my 2nd card with them.  Kept calling the backdoor number to check status, and nobody could find my app, even at the 8-hour-plus mark.  I should have just gritted my teeth and waited til morning and called again then, but I got frustrated, re-apped over the phone only to get a denial.

Called to recon the next day or a couple days later (can't recall for sure now), and found out only then that the re-app had been denied because I'd actually been approved on the original app.

I was lucky - they kindly agreed to delete the extra inq for my duplicate app.

Hang in there and be patient.  If they still can't find it tomorrow, THEN maybe worry...

Thanks!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

i understand what you are going through. I applied for a BoA World Mastercard w/ Worldpoints and was denied and called the recon number and was approved..they saw my app immediately actually tho but when i checked the status online it never showed up...
Message 6 of 9
UpNComing
Established Contributor

smooth wrote:
i understand what you are going through. I applied for a BoA World Mastercard w/ Worldpoints and was denied and called the recon number and was approved..they saw my app immediately actually tho but when i checked the status online it never showed up...

I called the recon number 5 hours after apping.  The CSR said she had no record of my SSN.  Was yours an instant denial?

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had to be a little noisy to get my secured BofA card unsecured.

I would wait two business days, if there's still no record of your app I'd say it was ate by a net burp, and I'd try again.
Message 8 of 9
nicemann
Established Contributor

If you have a service where you can pull your CRs daily see if they did an INQ on you.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.