cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bofa Amex What Score

Established Member

Bofa Amex What Score

Can anyone tell me what is the score needed to get a bofa amex? Or Is it better to apply with amex? Which Bureau does each pull also.. citi has one also, but don't know what score is needed. Thanks
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Bofa Amex What Score

DW got hers in March from BofA and had an EX score of 660 or so. Can't remember exactly.
Message 2 of 7
Frequent Contributor

Re: Bofa Amex What Score

It's funny how everyone here talks about score this and score that for qualifying for a credit card. What about your income ? That is probably just as important in making their decision. If you have excellent credit with poor income......chances are not good.
God is keeping score....be good to others.
Message 3 of 7
Senior Contributor

Re: Bofa Amex What Score



firstinlastout wrote:
It's funny how everyone here talks about score this and score that for qualifying for a credit card. What about your income ? That is probably just as important in making their decision. If you have excellent credit with poor income......chances are not good.





I don't find that to necessarily be true. You can actually leave the income amount blank sometimes.

OP - BOA and Amex alike are usually always EX pullers. Both are big on recent baddies.
Here we go again...
Message 4 of 7
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Bofa Amex What Score



FretlessMayhem wrote:

I don't find that to necessarily be true. You can actually leave the income amount blank sometimes.


Someone in here appd for CapOne listing his/her income as $0 and got the card.
 
I did talk with BofA about their CCs and I listed on their computer our income as $89k. It is a little more with our biz income, but the rep fudged the amount and bumped it to $100k. I called her out on that and she said that BofA likes to see 6 figures and that they won't review our income sources. Good, because I didn't want them diving into my biz finances.
Message 5 of 7
Established Contributor

Re: Bofa Amex What Score

  My scores were only in the 645 range when I received my card.  Had to reconn, but I still received the Accelerated Rewards.  BofA pulled EQ for me.

makeover wrote:
Can anyone tell me what is the score needed to get a bofa amex? Or Is it better to apply with amex? Which Bureau does each pull also.. citi has one also, but don't know what score is needed. Thanks



Starting Score: EQ: 633 (12/31/09) TU: 651 (12/31/09)
Current Score: EQ:633 TU: 651
Goal Score: EQ: 700 TU:700


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Bofa Amex What Score

conflicting info...they like to see 6 figures but on the other hand someone got a card with zero income.  If I were a creditor, I would never lend someone money without an income.  That's what mortgage brokers did and look at the mess we are in now.  I guess different banks have different requirements.  Try getting a PenFed card with zero income and they will laugh in your face.
God is keeping score....be good to others.
Message 7 of 7