Established Member
makeover

Bofa Amex What Score

Can anyone tell me what is the score needed to get a bofa amex? Or Is it better to apply with amex? Which Bureau does each pull also.. citi has one also, but don't know what score is needed. Thanks
Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Re: Bofa Amex What Score

DW got hers in March from BofA and had an EX score of 660 or so. Can't remember exactly.
Frequent Contributor
firstinlastout

It's funny how everyone here talks about score this and score that for qualifying for a credit card. What about your income ? That is probably just as important in making their decision. If you have excellent credit with poor income......chances are not good.
God is keeping score....be good to others.
Senior Contributor
FretlessMayhem

firstinlastout wrote:
It's funny how everyone here talks about score this and score that for qualifying for a credit card. What about your income ? That is probably just as important in making their decision. If you have excellent credit with poor income......chances are not good.

I don't find that to necessarily be true. You can actually leave the income amount blank sometimes.

OP - BOA and Amex alike are usually always EX pullers. Both are big on recent baddies.
Here we go again...
Moderator Emeritus
llecs

FretlessMayhem wrote:

I don't find that to necessarily be true. You can actually leave the income amount blank sometimes.

Someone in here appd for CapOne listing his/her income as $0 and got the card.

I did talk with BofA about their CCs and I listed on their computer our income as $89k. It is a little more with our biz income, but the rep fudged the amount and bumped it to $100k. I called her out on that and she said that BofA likes to see 6 figures and that they won't review our income sources. Good, because I didn't want them diving into my biz finances.
Established Contributor
PurpleHaze

My scores were only in the 645 range when I received my card.  Had to reconn, but I still received the Accelerated Rewards.  BofA pulled EQ for me.

makeover wrote:
Can anyone tell me what is the score needed to get a bofa amex? Or Is it better to apply with amex? Which Bureau does each pull also.. citi has one also, but don't know what score is needed. Thanks

Starting Score: EQ: 633 (12/31/09) TU: 651 (12/31/09)
Current Score: EQ:633 TU: 651
Goal Score: EQ: 700 TU:700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
firstinlastout

conflicting info...they like to see 6 figures but on the other hand someone got a card with zero income.  If I were a creditor, I would never lend someone money without an income.  That's what mortgage brokers did and look at the mess we are in now.  I guess different banks have different requirements.  Try getting a PenFed card with zero income and they will laugh in your face.
God is keeping score....be good to others.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+