Regular Contributor
krisosa

Bofa/Amex

I got approved for this card 2 days prior to being approved for the zync card.  Does anyone know if the above card has any ties to the real amex cards?  I'm just curious because I have been denied at least 4 times with the zync card, then I applied for the above card and was approved, then app'd the zync and was approved. 

-strange

Thanks myfico-

Kris

Equifax 657
Experian 711 (Per Lender)
Regular Contributor
jforsyth

Re: Bofa/Amex

[ Edited ]

There aren't any real connections per se, but AmEx MIGHT have liked seeing a card issued from a major bank on your reports before accepting you. That's all speculation though, and it probably had nothing to do with it.

The BofA card is issued by FIA. It's on the AmEx network, but has no other ties to American Express. That is to say, it has as much in common with your Zync card as a Chase Visa has with a Citi Visa...very little.

EQ FICO: 740 (09/04/11)
TU FAKO: 756 (06/07/12)
BankAmericard Cash Rewards | Amex Zync | Citi Forward
Regular Contributor
krisosa

Re: Bofa/Amex

Gotcha!

Thx!

Equifax 657
Experian 711 (Per Lender)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+