Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bofa Cash rewards vs Freedom Q

tag
mikey78
Frequent Contributor

Bofa Cash rewards vs Freedom Q

My Discover Card is S.D and probably gonna take me into and beyond the Intro 0% APR term to pay off the balance (must pif by jan 2, 2014)
and so it leaves me between Freedom vs Bofa Card to use as my everyday card and both have 1k balance (I can use cash and make payments to knock it down until it's PIF but i rather use one card for the rewards)
I'm planning on paying off one card to 0 balance to use as my everyday purchases while the other will be paid with more than minimal due until i can pay it off at a later time

I hate seeing high balances and i although I really dislike digging into my savings i am doing so to get low as possible towards my balance on my discover or pif by the end of the apr term

i can apply for  a BT card but I am not really in the market for another card

Current score TU 708, EX 686 EQ 715
Status I.T.Garden Till 08/2014
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Bofa Cash rewards vs Freedom Q

Cut spending on all cards and put the extra money towards the Disover balance .........tough luv from the garden but it's because we have your back and want to see you debt freeSmiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 5
mikey78
Frequent Contributor

i guess i can live with that which will leave me at about 10% usage

Message 3 of 5
mikey78
Frequent Contributor

I am considerig transferring the whatever balance i have by end of november from discover over to cap one

since APR on cap one stands at 18.99% and discover will be 20.99% no fees for transferring balance

Message 4 of 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@myjourney wrote:

Cut spending on all cards and put the extra money towards the Disover balance .........tough luv from the garden but it's because we have your back and want to see you debt freeSmiley Wink

+1

Or as I prefer to associate it with living within one's means.  OP - hopefully you have a solid budget strategy to retire those balances, otherwise it's going to be an expensive lesson by carrying those balances at such high APR.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.