Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bofa Secured Card ??

tag
NiNoMArksLA
Contributor

Bofa Secured Card ??

Hello I Had My Secured Bofa Card With $300 Limt And Its Been 1 Year And 5 Months And Never UnSecured It I Carry a Balance On It Like $200-250 And Missed 1 Payment Only Couple Days Tho And They Said You Gotta Have 6 Months Of Good Payments And I Was Thinking Should I Close It Out?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Bofa Secured Card ??

@NiNoMArksLA wrote:

Hello I Had My Secured Bofa Card With $300 Limt And Its Been 1 Year And 5 Months And Never UnSecured It I Carry a Balance On It Like $200-250 And Missed 1 Payment Only Couple Days Tho And They Said You Gotta Have 6 Months Of Good Payments And I Was Thinking Should I Close It Out?

I would say just keep maintaining a good payment history with them.

BofA is one of the most generous lenders when it comes to unsecuring secured cards.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 3 of 5
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

yeh..keep it. with good payment history BofA will show you some love Smiley Happy  BofA are my favorite cards Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 5
HiLine
Blogger

I would get those 6 months of good payments, pay the balance off, then request graduation. You have one of the best secured credit cards ever. Don't let it go until it graduates. Oh, and don't forget to add the Cash rewards package if you haven't already.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.