cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bofa Visa Signature & World Mastercard Which Is Better?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bofa Visa Signature & World Mastercard Which Is Better?

Hey everyone, 

I was just wondering if there was any differences in benefits between the BofA Visa Signature and BofA World Mastercard? I'm debating on doing a PC from a BofA Platinum Plus to one of these cards. Any suggestions? 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Bofa Visa Signature & World Mastercard Which Is Better?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey everyone, 

I was just wondering if there was any differences in benefits between the BofA Visa Signature and BofA World Mastercard? I'm debating on doing a PC from a BofA Platinum Plus to one of these cards. Any suggestions? 

I believe both of these cards do not report CL, keep that in mind if you have not charged very high on your current Platinum card and you have a high limit.

Message 2 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Don't know why, but when they upgraded my BofA Plat to a World MC, it still reports the CL and is presumably used correctly for util calcs.

Some do, many don't.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 7
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry to bump such an OLD thread, but do world mastercards especially this Platinum World Mastercard from Bank of America -- does it report the CL? Hope so.
Message 4 of 7
resilient
Established Contributor

My BofA World MasterCard (Susan G. Komen) does report the limit to all CRAs, and states "credit card", not "flexible spending credit card", like the Visa Signatures do. My BofA Visa Signature does not report the limit to any CRAs.

Amex Platinum Amex PRG Amex Hilton Surpass ($7k) Citi AAdvantage WEMC ($20k) Citi Hilton Honors VS ($6.8k) Dillard's Amex ($7.5k) Discover it ($6.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($30k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Nordstrom VS ($25k) PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS ($20.5k) Ritz-Carlton VI ($54.5k) Starwood Preferred Guest Amex ($10k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($38k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($16k) Sears MC ($6k) USAA Limitless VS ($15k) Walmart MC ($7.5k) AAdvantage Aviator Silver WEMC ($11.3k)
Message 5 of 7
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

So the benefit of a hidden CL on a Visa Signature is simply for when you're not using it, or just PIF right? (just so that other creditors don't see you have such a large limit on it i guess?)

(Other than the actual benefits of the VS card.)
Message 6 of 7
resilient
Established Contributor

@KennyS2006 wrote:
So the benefit of a hidden CL on a Visa Signature is simply for when you're not using it, or just PIF right? (just so that other creditors don't see you have such a large limit on it i guess?)

(Other than the actual benefits of the VS card.)

BofA says they hide it to protect you, because they allow you spend over the credit line. They say it will be a negative report if you go over and they report it.

Amex Platinum Amex PRG Amex Hilton Surpass ($7k) Citi AAdvantage WEMC ($20k) Citi Hilton Honors VS ($6.8k) Dillard's Amex ($7.5k) Discover it ($6.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($30k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Nordstrom VS ($25k) PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS ($20.5k) Ritz-Carlton VI ($54.5k) Starwood Preferred Guest Amex ($10k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($38k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($16k) Sears MC ($6k) USAA Limitless VS ($15k) Walmart MC ($7.5k) AAdvantage Aviator Silver WEMC ($11.3k)
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.