Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bofa cash rewards.

tag
taxi818
Super Contributor

Bofa cash rewards.

image.pngWell I just got my $100 bonus for making spend. If I only knew bofa was like this. I had a total of $124 and some change. Opened up a bofa savings account. Only $300 required. Boom. They actually gave me $137. They might have to become my primary spend card when I get back home. Outstanding. 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bofa cash rewards.

Awesome! You have to love free money! Smiley Happy  Bravo, OP.

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent!

Message 3 of 12
kdm31091
Super Contributor

The customer bonus is nice since most banks give you nothing for loyalty. I know it's not a huge amount of money but at least they give you something
Message 4 of 12
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Although I have a CC with BofA now I can't even think about moving any of my banking relationship back to them.. Banked with them for about 7-10 years 5+ years back and couldn't of been happier moving my money from them.  Think twice before making them your primary bank TaxiSmiley Happy.. Just a warning lol

Message 5 of 12
JustBPatient
Established Contributor

Its a nice perk.  Enjoy!!

Amex Gold =Amex ED 20k = Amex BCP 14k = Amex SPG Lux 2k = Arrival 2k = Ring 14k = BOA 321 30k = BOA BBR 10k = CSR 25k = Freedom 10k = Citi Simplicity 9k = Citi DC 5k = Citi DP 3k = DCVR IT 16k = DCVR IT(2) 10k = CAP1 QS 15k = NFCU CR24k/AE25k/CLOC 15k = BBVA 14k = Wells Plat. 5k = (2) US Bank Cash+ 13k, 18k = PenFed 17k

FICO scores TU 764 EX 739 EQ 745
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Although I have a CC with BofA now I can't even think about moving any of my banking relationship back to them.. Banked with them for about 7-10 years 5+ years back and couldn't of been happier moving my money from them.  Think twice before making them your primary bank TaxiSmiley Happy.. Just a warning lol

+1. Agree with CC and his opinion is wise. Ask CAPTOOL why he left after 26 years of being a loyal customer and doing his primary banking with BoA.

BoA has become a bit too huge of an institution and the little guy often gets lost in the shuffle of very large institutions. I have a BoA Cash Rewards card but don't plan to put much of my business with them. They've not really been nice or helpful when I needed anything, and were rude during two recons, sadly.

Message 7 of 12
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I bank with BOA and never had a problem. Nice mobile app, quick processing of deposits, I dunno. I don't demand much from my bank though, nor do I find myself needing customer service often. I have no complaints other than ones that can apply to all of the big banks, such as fees. It's very easy to get the BOA checking fees waived if you have direct deposit, and nothing else they charge fees for is anything I need often.
Message 8 of 12
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

Agree. Another ex-BOA customer. They find ways to charge you for everything and customer service is less than impressive. I had them for about 10 years before I decided the relationship wasn't working Smiley Happy

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 9 of 12
taxi818
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

I do remember  the misery with them back in the day. When they were NCNB.  I only put a $$500 spot total with them. Opened account with $300. Just so there are no fees. And I could get the reward bonus. That is a far as I'm willing to go with them. 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.