Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bofa tricks me yet again.....

tag
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

Last year I got a preapproval offer for a great card was denied but counter offered a Platinum Plus Visa with a $500 cl $59 af. After about 9 months I ask for a cli and was denied because im told that my account is a secured credit card. I was extrememly confused then. I called up a couple reps and was told that my account would unsecure and increase at the 12 month mark so i waited. I never got an increase or product change I send a message to customer service asking about my card because they hit me with yet another AF. I was  just told my card would never get an increase and I couldnt get a product change. Wow! Thats all I thought. If i knew it was that kind of card I would have never wanted it.

Should I talk to someone. It really upsets me because I feel as if i was tricked and let down.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Bofa tricks me yet again.....

you need to call the secured back door number in the thread above, it should have increased at 9 months
Message 2 of 6
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

Only thing is i never put down a deposit so it isnt a secured card. Im just angry because i dont want to be stuck with a $500 limit card for forever. I would rather have had an actual secured card!
Message 3 of 6
stefanc
Regular Contributor

I have the exact same card. It started as a Pat Plus and they "upgraded" it to a World Points card out of the blue (still secured though). Although it was certainly confusing for me as well, it is a secured card in BofA's mind. Mine "unsecured" after about 18 months, they sent me a letter that it had been "upgraded".

I had previously gotten a CLI from the back door number when it was new to me (but that of course was a few years ago). Any time after that when I clicked the luv button, I just got a "not eligible for CLI".

I have not tried for a CLI since it went "unsecured" I'm going to wait it out until the dust settles, then try for a product change and/or a CLI.

Message 4 of 6
DI
Super Contributor

@tempusfugit123 wrote:

Last year I got a preapproval offer for a great card was denied but counter offered a Platinum Plus Visa with a $500 cl $59 af. After about 9 months I ask for a cli and was denied because im told that my account is a secured credit card. I was extrememly confused then. I called up a couple reps and was told that my account would unsecure and increase at the 12 month mark so i waited. I never got an increase or product change I send a message to customer service asking about my card because they hit me with yet another AF. I was  just told my card would never get an increase and I couldnt get a product change. Wow! Thats all I thought. If i knew it was that kind of card I would have never wanted it.

Should I talk to someone. It really upsets me because I feel as if i was tricked and let down.

Have you been paying on time and not going over the limit?  Any return payments?  All those things are taken in consideration.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had that happen to me but one day i got a good credit anilist and they up the limit to 15000 but that was 3 years ago and i still have af but i cant change it cause they still think it is one of those 99/500 secured one i ask for the 99 back that i never sent in and they dont know ware it is..... lol i mean if they say it was secured i should try to get the money back that i never gave them :-) lol .... well once they up that limit my 4 other boa went from 2000-10000 3000-15000 1000-3000 3000-15000 and a new 15000 loc but that was 3 years ago they were happy to give as long as you could prove you made six figures and had 6 figures in the bank but i dident need to prove anything to go from 500-15000 i needed to document all the other cards months after that. but when i got married and wanted to add wife as joint with no credit i got a A## that re reviewed me and choped everything in half even though i charged 8000 a month and pif now i use them once a year to keep open i hate BOA they are the only bank that did me wrong all other banks have been good to me through the credit crunch....... i did get someone who was going to reinstate the limits once he droped them cause it took a day for them to drop but i called back right away and got another credit anilist but the cell phone craped out and then after that the guy noted my account that all calls should go to him........
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.