Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bofa unsecured my card & CLI from 500 to 7500

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bofa unsecured my card & CLI from 500 to 7500

That's so wonderful news!   Congratulations vish!!

Message 11 of 22
Joelstradamus
Established Member

How were you able to get an answer so quick? I called them last week to try to get mine unsecured and they told me that it would take 10-15 business days and I'd recieve an answer by mail. I've never missed a payment and all of my FICO scores are now between 693-744. The 693 being my EQ score I got from here. I payed off my card and all of my other bills the first of this month. Just hope this isn't a bad omen Smiley Sad

Message 12 of 22
CreditAngel
Valued Member

Joelstradamus - I was told the same time but, because of this forum I kept  calling back (in the same week) until I received a different response. I was unsecured with a $3000 card NO cli at all!!  Called back the next day asked for a cli and after 5-6 minute hold......went to $5000!!!!
Message 13 of 22
vish1
Valued Contributor

@Joelstradamus wrote:

How were you able to get an answer so quick? I called them last week to try to get mine unsecured and they told me that it would take 10-15 business days and I'd recieve an answer by mail. I've never missed a payment and all of my FICO scores are now between 693-744. The 693 being my EQ score I got from here. I payed off my card and all of my other bills the first of this month. Just hope this isn't a bad omen Smiley Sad

When I called BofA the last time, they told me it was too early to unsecure and then I asked the guy I was talking to if I call later, will it be a instant decision and he told me that it depends on who you reach (luck by chance). Some of the people on the secured credit division phone number were trained and some were not. If you happened to hit someone who is not trained, you may get this 10 days or so answer.

Many people have got this 10 days or so answer earlier and many others have been able to get it unsecured over phone also.

As for CLI, I was surprised myself, I did not expect 7500 CL

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 14 of 22
jj10939
Regular Contributor

OP: What is your annual income that you used if you don't mind sharing?

Message 15 of 22
vish1
Valued Contributor

My annual income is 85000. and my monthly rent payment is 771. No other obligations like auto loan etc.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 16 of 22
Joelstradamus
Established Member

Ahh okay. It's no biggie that I have to wait. I was just expecting to get an answer during that call. I don't see any reason for them to decline me. I would think I've met all the criteria in order to get unsecured. I called back this past Friday and they told me that it hasn't been reviewed yet. I was mainly hoping that I could get it unsecured before the end of the month so that it would be reported in March.

Message 17 of 22
vish1
Valued Contributor

Additional info: It is already showing on my CR with a CL of 7500 (updated the old account with new details).

Regarding CRA pull, I have not seen any HP on any of my CRs yet. At times, freecreditreport takes time before they show me an alert for the inquiries, I will update if I see an inquiry later.

Message 18 of 22
Joelstradamus
Established Member

I checked my BOA accounts online today and my CL has went from 300 to 500 so I'm assuming I got approved. I do wish that the CL increase would have been in the 1000-1500 range. Any advice on how long I should wait before I ask for an increase?

Message 19 of 22
vish1
Valued Contributor

Strangely enough, I have not seen a HP alert yet. I requested unsecure of friday and its tuesday. I hope they did not do a HP at all.

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.