Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bogus Barclay Rewards Boost

tag
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

Bogus Barclay Rewards Boost

The main reason I have to keep my Barclay's account open is for the rewards boosts with various venders that I shop with. Getting 3-4points/$1 spend (and sometimes even more like 750 for a Peapod order) was a great rewards boost especially since they're venders I spend a great deal of money with (supplements and gear). I just checked my account and see that I haven't gotten the 3-4points as promised. This is extremely frustrating especially since I had to go back and make sure I accessed the third party site through their link. For a Sports Authority order I was working on, I even looked up all the items I already had in my cart so that there was no issue with the Barclay's link. I'm going to call and complain, but I still don't see the point in using this card now. I don't have time to check up on their accuracy every month, so I may as well use one of the other cards that I have. What a waste of a pull!

Anyone have this issue with their cards? I'm new to the rewards game, but I was really hoping it would be seamless, and not something I had to monitor every month. Maybe I'll give the card to my Mom.

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
IWOL
Established Contributor

Re: Bogus Barclay Rewards Boost

@LadyJEsq wrote:

The main reason I have to keep my Barclay's account open is for the rewards boosts with various venders that I shop with. Getting 3-4points/$1 spend (and sometimes even more like 750 for a Peapod order) was a great rewards boost especially since they're venders I spend a great deal of money with (supplements and gear). I just checked my account and see that I haven't gotten the 3-4points as promised. This is extremely frustrating especially since I had to go back and make sure I accessed the third party site through their link. For a Sports Authority order I was working on, I even looked up all the items I already had in my cart so that there was no issue with the Barclay's link. I'm going to call and complain, but I still don't see the point in using this card now. I don't have time to check up on their accuracy every month, so I may as well use one of the other cards that I have. What a waste of a pull!

Anyone have this issue with their cards? I'm new to the rewards game, but I was really hoping it would be seamless, and not something I had to monitor every month. Maybe I'll give the card to my Mom.

I've had good success with Barclay Rewards Boost purchases tracking 99% of the time. It's a PITA when they don't track but they are pretty good about getting you the points if you email them about it.  You can find most of the retailers that you find there in other portals like United Mleage and AA shopping etc. You don't need to have those cards to get points from this portals, just have to be a member of the FF accout.

You can check sites like Cashbackmonitor to see which portals pay how much for a particular retailer.

Message 2 of 7
dwz55
Regular Contributor

It only works half the time with me, the other half I call and complain the points havent posted after 2 months and then they swear up and down that they posted. I just stopped using Barclay cause of how terrible their customer service is.

TU 780 April 2014
EQ 797 May 2014
EX 786 May 2014
Message 3 of 7
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Portals are always a pain, some more than others. Slow posting of rewards is common, etc
Message 4 of 7
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Can't speak to Barclay's, but Chase's portal is pretty awful as well. I fought them over UR points they didn't want to provide me when I bought a Home Depot patio set through their portal. They said that clearance items didn't qualify for the portal bonus, but my patio set wasn't clearance, it was on sale. 

Is it possible Barclays has the same ridiculous types of restrictions on portal purchases? 

Message 5 of 7
changingmantra2
Regular Contributor

I love Barclay's Rewards Boost - and it is good to see someone else here make mention of it, albeit for the wrong reasons.  I have never had problems with it in three or so years that I have been using it.  Sometimes the rewards do not show up until the next statement, but my experience has been that my extra rewards from Barclay generally post much quicker than the ones from Discover. 

“We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.”
― Maya Angelou
Message 6 of 7
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

Thank you all for your imput. It's good to know that I can email them instead of having to call. Since someone mentioned that it can take a little while, I'll wait and see if it doesn't update on it's own first. Right now, they're at 0/3 for me and that's annoying. 

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.