Did you mean: 

Bonus Letter from Citi

tag
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: Bonus Letter from Citi

@sengpatt wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

On mine, the categories are Dining, Groceries, Shopping and Travel.  But, only up to 2,500 additional.

Do you have the Forward as well? I wasn't sure since the Forward already get 5% on dining. I would certainly not turn down 10% though.

I do have a Forward, but the offer is for my Premier.

Message 11 of 20
Neat
Valued Member

I got this e-mail on 1/17/13

Get a head start on making this a more rewarding year with your Citi Forward® Card. Earn 5 ThankYou Points per $1 spent on things you buy every day at grocery stores, gas stations and drugstores — even commuter transportation expenses. Earn up to 2,500 additional points, through 03/31/13!*

I seems like the categories vary from member to member, that's interesting.

Amex Green, Signal FCU Platinum Visa, Navy FCU Cash Rewards Visa Sig., Citi Forward Visa, Barclaycard Apple Financing Visa
Message 12 of 20
Neat
Valued Member

Walt_K

I have the same categories, I'm also taking advantage of the 0% offer and I haven't used the card since August. I think you're right and they knew exactly what to do to get me to dust off that card.

Amex Green, Signal FCU Platinum Visa, Navy FCU Cash Rewards Visa Sig., Citi Forward Visa, Barclaycard Apple Financing Visa
Message 13 of 20
hyd12
Established Member

I got it too.

I have half of CL as a BT balance. Started using the card for a couple of purchases last month. 

Message 14 of 20
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

I got the offer on the Diamond Preferred for 5% cash back as a statement credit. It was gas groceries, restaurant and another category (travel I think). Since Diamond Preferred doesn't do TY Points and whatever points they do have is useless items then I guess the cash back is the encouragement. Good news is Discover is not 5% on gas right now so Citi filled that in. Offer is also through 03/31.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 15 of 20
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@HoldingOntoHope wrote:

I got the offer on the Diamond Preferred for 5% cash back as a statement credit. It was gas groceries, restaurant and another category (travel I think). Since Diamond Preferred doesn't do TY Points and whatever points they do have is useless items then I guess the cash back is the encouragement. Good news is Discover is not 5% on gas right now so Citi filled that in. Offer is also through 03/31.

I got an offer on my Diamond Preferred, too. It was for 5% cash back as a statement credit for gas, drug stores and something else. I just tried to bring up the link to see what the something else is, but the site is temporarily unavailable. A 5% statement credit for gas works well for me this quarter.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

No thank you letter but  one extra thank you point on all purchases..... No cap on bonus points earned until 3/31/13. Citi Thank You Preferred World Mastercard

Message 17 of 20
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

I got an offer in today's mail on my Diamond Preferred, and it's the same as the email offer I received a few days ago. I've verified that I am, indeed, signed up for it. It's for 5% back as a statement credit through March 31, and the categories are: groceries, gas, restaurants, drugstores and communter expenses. The cap on the earnings is $25, but hey, I'll take it. Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 18 of 20
sengpatt
Regular Contributor

I confirmed my offer earlier and was excited to book a flight today! And I'm pretty sure that because of the wording/structure of the bonus points, I will be getting 5x points on my entire $600+ flight as opposed to only $500, as I had originally thought.

I don't know if this is true across offers, but my letter specifically states that for travel purchases, I would earn 1x base rate + 4x bonus points. I'm no mathematician, but it seems to break down this way:

At 1 point base earn rate plus 4 point bonus earn rate with 2,500 cap on bonus points:

2500 pts/4 pts/$ = $625
+ (1*625)

--------------------------------
3125 points total for $625 spend

Again, not a ton, but 5x back on $125 more than had originally expected. Honestly, I'll take 5% back wherever I can get it, especially on a spendier category like travel.

EX: 758 (10/12), TU: ???, EQ: ???

BankAmericard Travel Rewards // Citi Forward // Amex Blue Cash Preferred // Gap Visa
Message 19 of 20
stone
Regular Contributor

Got email on Jan. 17

Get a head start on making this a more rewarding year with your Citi Forward® Card. Earn 5 ThankYou Points per $1 spent on things you buy every day at grocery stores, gas stations and drugstores — even commuter transportation expenses. Earn up to 2,500 additional points, through 03/31/13!*

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.