Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bonus Points for American Express Card Offer

tag
Yj002
Established Member

Bonus Points for American Express Card Offer

I currently hold the AMEX Gold Premier Rewards Card (authorized user, different account number). I have been looking for legit info whether the bonus points offered from AMEX would be given to me should I apply for my first AMEX. Anyone know if they would consider me as a new member? Or should I close my (authorized) account and wait  for 12 months to apply? I am hoping that Amex would generously offer a 100k bonus points to its Platinum new member sometime this year Smiley Tongue

Also can anyone share their AMEX story? I have been eyeing its platinum card, but its steep annual fee has made re-think twice to apply. LOL! Plus, 1 point for every $1 spend doesnt sound as appealing as my gold card points (3x for travel, 2x for grocery and gas, and $1 for everything else).What is the lowest score have you heard of someone applied and got approved of? Thanks

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

Re: Bonus Points for American Express Card Offer

You only have to wait 90 days between AMEX cards not 12 months, and yes you would be eligable for the bonus points since you aren't the primary card holder on your account.

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.