Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Booking w/ AA Miles Experience...Disappointing

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Booking w/ AA Miles Experience...Disappointing

I have over 100k miles if anyone wants to buy them from me and pay transfer fee. I've looked and I'm having same issue of finding something. I thought I could get two first class tickets with 100k but it does seem that way. Let me know.

Message 31 of 78
MJ-san
Frequent Contributor

You really need to save up your miles and use them for a first class "Saver" award - that's the best way to get decent seats Smiley Happy 

Speaking as a frequent flyer, unless you're in the upper tiers of the program (Platinum or Exec. Platinum) you're not going to get great seats in coach. Just a fact of life.

Message 32 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have over 100k miles if anyone wants to buy them from me and pay transfer fee. I've looked and I'm having same issue of finding something. I thought I could get two first class tickets with 100k but it does seem that way. Let me know.

Hmmm, I'd be interested but you can get two first class tickets with that many miles.

Message 33 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

I browsed through the first class saver options when available, which wasnt often. Had the issue with crazy layovers and extended travel time. A great seat isnt that big of a priority but 20+ hours each way is not for me.

Think my fact of life is AA miles arent for me Smiley Tongue
Message 34 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the transfer fee?
Message 35 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Heavenly, at least you found this out before you apped for the Citi AA.
Message 36 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

tj this is true Smiley Happy Could have been worse
Message 37 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hmmm, I'd be interested but you can get two first class tickets with that many miles.

I've been searching and nothing seems appealing. PM me if interested.

Message 38 of 78
NP27
Established Contributor

Yikes.  I hope I dont have that problem with my Citi AA card and 50K miles when I earn them

Message 39 of 78
eddie84
Valued Contributor

I called AA last Friday asking them to upgrade my flight from Narita, Japan to LAX from economy to business class and they told me it's gonna cost me 25,000 miles plus $250.  I guess it isn't so bad considering I used to pay $6k for round trip from LAX to BKK.

Message 40 of 78
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.