Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bored and itchy. Talk me out of Kohls...again, lol

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Bored and itchy. Talk me out of Kohls...again, lol

I was approved for Kohls right after my BK last year, closed it 6 months later. I don't need this card at all. But, I'm positive I could get it again, I'm just bored gardening!!! Lmao!!! Help me !! Where's Finstar to the rescue, and MyJourney who now stays incognito?! I've exhausted all the cli I can get on all my cards. I don't need another card, just itchy!!!Smiley Sad I certainly DO NOT need it for util, (all my cards are currently at $0 bal).  Kohls does have some really good sales, and their coupons to boot that you can use along with the sales are really awesome! Ok... Start talking me out now....Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

Re: Bored and itchy. Talk me out of Kohls...again, lol

@pizza1 wrote:

I was approved for Kohls right after my BK last year, closed it 6 months later. I don't need this card at all. But, I'm positive I could get it again, I'm just bored gardening!!! Lmao!!! Help me !! Where's Finstar to the rescue, and MyJourney who now stays incognito?! I've exhausted all the cli I can get on all my cards. I don't need another card, just itchy!!!Smiley Sad I certainly DO NOT need it for util, (all my cards are currently at $0 bal).  Kohls does have some really good sales, and their coupons to boot that you can use along with the sales are really awesome! Ok... Start talking me out now....Smiley Wink

If you're going to burn an HP for a store card, at least burn it for a store card you will use A LOT.  I assume the reason you closed it was because it wasnt getting much use?  So why bother?  There's nothing more useless than a store card for a place you don't shop.  

My $0.02...

Message 2 of 27
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

You really want to give up all that time gardening for a stupid Kohls card? I'd never do that. Value your time, man.
TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 3 of 27
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Seeeee, this is what I needed to hear!! I'm waiting for CA to comment and scold me for closing it, lol!!'
Message 4 of 27
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

what everyone else said.. Store cards especially with you having 8?  They are useless after a certain point..   Save the hp's for real credit cards once some of your other accounts age and you BK ages as well

Message 5 of 27
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@pizza1 wrote:

You closed it for a reason.  Keep in mind, this will add to your frustration growing your portfolio with the cards you have on your wish list.  I have Kohls and I like it but then again it serves its purpose.  You also mentioned on recent thread that you were contemplating eliminating cards lower than $1,500 CL (not sure of the reasoning but you know best).  If you get Kohls now, you won't get approved for a high CL and it will take A LONG WHILE to grow (and we KNOW how impatient you are).  So, I would heed everyone's advice ... oh, and use some of this as well in the meantime Smiley Wink  available at your local Walmart!Equate Anti-Itch Plus.jpg

Message 6 of 27
Scupra
Super Contributor

No, no, noooooo.. haha, if the itch is that bad it's time to open up that NFCU card!

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 7 of 27
chalupaman
Super Contributor

If you don't need it now, don't get it. I think it's pretty simple is it not? I don't see much value to having tons of store cards at all. Just a couple in moderation are okay if you have specific purposes for them and use the cards a lot and PIF or if you have one that happens to be your oldest card. There are frankly lots of rewards cards out there that you can get a lot more out of too and be able to use at more places than just any store card.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 8 of 27
baller4life
Super Contributor

Get your butt back in that garden Missy!!

IMG_0128.JPG

Message 9 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

If your going to leave the garden leave it for a prime card 

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.