Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bored w/ lack of new card launches.

tag
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: Bored w/ lack of new card launches.

@ztnjpv wrote:

What you are describing is only negligibly different from a PRG. Personally, I don't see why Fidelity (via FIA) can offer a flat 2pts/2% card on the Amex network but Amex, themselves, will not. 

Two reasons:  (1) people who value MR points would be indifferent between 1 MR point per dollar and 2% cash; (2) Amex doesn't need to compete with Fid Amex, since it's geared towards a different user.

In other words, Amex gears their MR and SPG cards to those who value travel redemptions.  For those who value cash rewards (such as Fid Amex), they have their cash cards and the Plum.

Message 21 of 26
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

I think to most of us, Cash Plus came out of nowhere (though I'm sure some here were aware).  So that's the thing to hope for, some regional bank plunges deep into the rewards games and gives great rewards, until they discover their mistake.  So it doesn't last, but a good opportunity while it does.   (And without Citi's heavy hand!)

Message 22 of 26
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

I think to most of us, Cash Plus came out of nowhere (though I'm sure some here were aware).  So that's the thing to hope for, some regional bank plunges deep into the rewards games and gives great rewards, until they discover their mistake.  So it doesn't last, but a good opportunity while it does.   (And without Citi's heavy hand!)

I would hope AMEX is that bank so I can get a piece of that backdating!! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 23 of 26
mxp114
Valued Contributor

I'm pretty happy with my wallet now and have no plans to expand it however I am mostly interested in new network tiers being introduced. Like Visa Infinite coming to the US and the process of getting one since Visa Signature is now being issued at $500 credit lines. We might see the next tier sometime this year or next. JP Morgan Visa Infinite sounds pretty sweet Smiley Very Happy

Message 24 of 26
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

I'm pretty happy with my wallet now and have no plans to expand it however I am mostly interested in new network tiers being introduced. Like Visa Infinite coming to the US and the process of getting one since Visa Signature is now being issued at $500 credit lines. We might see the next tier sometime this year or next. JP Morgan Visa Infinite sounds pretty sweet Smiley Very Happy

Your wallet is just insane mxp! Very nice limits!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 25 of 26
enharu
Super Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

I love your limits.... If Chase will just give me ONE 30k card, I'll be so goddamn happy.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.