Moderator Emeritus
webhopper

Re: Bored w/ lack of new card launches.

LS2982 wrote:

Open123 wrote:

I'd bet Amex will have some new launches in Q4.  Some double rewards spending in multiple categories.

I would like to see some new AMEX products! :smileyhappy:

I would like to see Amex have a card similar to the BCE that earns MR points instead of cash back. They have the Blue, but 1 MR point per $1 is not exciting... reward me for catagories, please amex :smileysurprised:

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Contributor

Count me in for wanting another Amex card. I'm still going after the BCE, but honestly, it is of little use to me, as I get 5% back from Target where I do almost all of my grocery shopping. 

$1500            $1500             $2500             $2500             NPSL         
Starting EQ: 646 - Current EQ: 693 - Goal EQ for 12/2013: >720
Gardening from 7/2013 until 1/2014
Senior Contributor
Open123

webhopper wrote:

LS2982 wrote:

Open123 wrote:

I'd bet Amex will have some new launches in Q4.  Some double rewards spending in multiple categories.

I would like to see some new AMEX products! :smileyhappy:

I would like to see Amex have a card similar to the BCE that earns MR points instead of cash back. They have the Blue, but 1 MR point per $1 is not exciting... reward me for catagories, please amex :smileysurprised:

I'm almost certain they will.  

Blogger
HiLine

How about:

Barclays Arrival

Barclays Priceline

BofA Travel Rewards

BofA Better Balance Rewards

US Bank Cash +

US Bank Club Carlson

Each of these is arguably better than the Discover It. 

Established Contributor
ztnjpv

[ Edited ]

Yes, HLine.

Those are kinda new. I did jump on the Cash + myself. The others were such yawners to me that I didn't even think of them. I guess I was thinking of a real game changer from a major issuer that makes headlines.....like the Freedom or Blue Cash P or E did.....something that makes me go.....ooooh.

Start (Sept 2011): low-mid 600s. NOW: TU FICO: 801, EQ FICO 808, EX FICO 798 (PSECU). Goal: Achieved! Now Maintain!
09Lexie

I would luv to see a new Amex with better rewards. That would definitely get me out of the garden.
Senior Contributor
Open123

09Lexie wrote:
I would luv to see a new Amex with better rewards. That would definitely get me out of the garden.

Pure speculation, but it's nontheless fun, especially on a Sunday afternoon.  :smileyhappy:

I think we'll see a new Amex charge MR card with a 25K sign up bonus offering 2X points in restaurants, shipping, drugstores and supermarkets with an annual bonus if a certain spend threshold is reached.

Established Contributor
ztnjpv

Open123,

What you are describing is only negligibly different from a PRG. Personally, I don't see why Fidelity (via FIA) can offer a flat 2pts/2% card on the Amex network but Amex, themselves, will not. 

But what would really make me jump at a new Amex is something that flat out beats the reward potential of any competitor. Why Amex, of all companies, is not the king of rewards is beyond me. 

Start (Sept 2011): low-mid 600s. NOW: TU FICO: 801, EQ FICO 808, EX FICO 798 (PSECU). Goal: Achieved! Now Maintain!
09Lexie

I agree- Amex seems to be dragging its heels for some reason.
Established Contributor
ztnjpv

[ Edited ]

As I told an Amex Survey person once with regard to my Plum Card when they called me after my survey:

Amex should not be getting beat by Capital One's Spark on Cash Back rewards. PERIOD. Capital One gets a lower swipe fee and has to share it with Visa while charging a lower annual fee. Amex, with the Plum, has a direct advantage on every one of those areas. Amex should be beating the Spark's rewards potential. Plain and Simple. No excuses. 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}