cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Both FICO scores are 671. Just got denied for 4 credit cards and 2 said further review. Help?!

tag
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Re: Both FICO scores are 671. Just got denied for 4 credit cards and 2 said further review. Help?!

Well take my advice I gave before. Stop applying. Get reported util down to 0. Research for 2 more easy to get cards. Hold for 6 months. Make sure you have ideal util showing, and then you should qualify for better set of cards. Would normally say 3 months but your round of inquiries screwed things up
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 21 of 24
MarcinXP
Frequent Contributor

Re: Both FICO scores are 671. Just got denied for 4 credit cards and 2 said further review. Help?!

I honestly don't see anything shady or even AU driven on your credit. You said you had student loans paid off and few auto loans paid off, couple of baddies and 1 $300 credit card. Your FICO very well may be 671..but you dont have any history with credit cards...actually I take that back...to the bank you have a negative history...you are using $299 out of $300 on your credit card...applying for more could be a red flag because it seems you might want to get more in debt and you are already almost 100% in debt with the small card you have. How old is this card?

My advice...stop apping. You probably added 5-6 INQ (CAPONE alone is 3) so your score is probably now at 640-650. If your card is less than 1 year...you need to garden and not app for anything else until it hits 1 year..or pehaps look into CU or a secured card with $1000+ limit that you can have reported for a year...by then the baddies from 2006-2007 will fall of..you will have some history and if your utilitzation is under 10% I guarantee you going to get a primecard..they might match your highest CL and that is why I said get a Secured card with at least a $1000 limit...because if you just keep one $300 card...you might get discover or chase...but dont be surprised if they start you off at $500!

NFCU Visa Sig $30k / Amex Blue Cash $25.5k / Fidelity Amex $25k / Chase Freedom $14.5k / Citi Double Cash $5k / Capital One Quicksilver Visa Sig $5k / Citi Best Buy MC $3K / Barclay Rewards MC $2.95k / BOA - BBR $2.5k / SY Lowes $15k / SY Amazon $6k / Target RedCard - $300
Message 22 of 24
Hortilux
Valued Member

Thanks for the advice. I will definitely be taking it. One last weird thing, according to score watch now that the inquiries have posted my fico is still 668. Only a 3 point drop. I was expecting more.
Message 23 of 24
Hortilux
Valued Member

Update - well after going 0 for 7 on apps I was going to quit but then said f it and applied for a Kay jeweler card. To my surprise they gave me instant approval for 2,000. Kinda weird considering I couldn't get approved for 100 bucks anywhere else. So I charged 32 bucks on it to give it a balance and plan on gardening this and my 300 gepaypal to hopefully work up to an actual cc.
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.