cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bought my scores here finally, what do you think?

tag
topisnear
Established Member

Bought my scores here finally, what do you think?

So i did it, paid off $7800 in CC debt and brought my uti down from 68% to 13%. My scores jumped about 40 points from it. I purchased my 3 scores here from myfico and they show:

Ex: 703

EQ: 692

TU: 698

Longest account it 9 years old

AAOA is 5.4 years

1 baddie repo from Aug 2011 (shows as late only/collection? I dont know why it doesn't show as repo)

Income is at 80-100k depending on commission by years end

28 yrs old

That is the only baddie ive ever had in 9 years i know its a bad one but it had to be done.

I really want a Amex PRG, although i do the prequal and get nothing other than "we think you may like etc"

What are my chances?

AMEX PRG NPSL charge about $2000 month, Capital one Venture $320 (for Uti) on $3500, Chase Freedom $0 on $2000,
Discover IT $0 on $2300, Wells Fargo Platinum $0 on $1600,
Capital one QuickSilver $0 on $1000, Wells LOC 0 of $5000
Scores: Purchased here on myfico
703 Experian
698Transunion
692 Equifax

Goals: 720+ all across and a AMEX PRG
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: Bought my scores here finally, what do you think?

Do all 3 reports reflect the $$ you paid down?  Just making sure.

What do the 3 reports mention as your #1 bad thing on their scale?

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 14
topisnear
Established Member

Im sorry guys i was thinking of my Uti on just my one card i use (Cap one) My overal Uti is less than 1% right now.

AMEX PRG NPSL charge about $2000 month, Capital one Venture $320 (for Uti) on $3500, Chase Freedom $0 on $2000,
703 Experian
698Transunion
692 Equifax

Message 3 of 14
topisnear
Established Member

Yes all 3 reports show that all CC are paid off execpt for $468 on my Cap one card..Total CC avail is 12k. The baddie shows as Late payment only on the summary of my report. If you look deeper in the account EX reports as bad debt charge off TU reports nothing reported and EQ states charge off.

703 Experian
698Transunion
692 Equifax

Message 4 of 14
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@topisnear wrote:

Yes all 3 reports show that all CC are paid off execpt for $468 on my Cap one card..Total CC avail is 12k. The baddie shows as Late payment only on the summary of my report. If you look deeper in the account EX reports as bad debt charge off TU reports nothing reported and EQ states charge off.

So TU isn't reporting this as a baddie at all??  Nice!

Now...I do know for a fact that AMEX pulls EX exclusively.  When I got my "blue" card, they initially denied me.  (long story, baddie from a school loan that was all OK until I paid, then it became paid collection on EX)  I called the AMEX # to try for recon.  He gave me a fax # for their media review team & I faxed all my docs to them.  I was approved!  I had to go through the same process for a CLI, but was also approved for that.

If you really want an AMEX card, try for the easiest to get & you can always PC later.  If they don't approve you, do NOT lose hope!  Take the steps I did & fax in info.  There are real people with clear thinking brains on the other end of that fax line.  Keep your letter short & to the point. 

My "baddie" showed as Feb of 09 & I apped in April of 2011.  They understand things happen & will look at each case on merit & info provided!

Good luck. 

Lastly, that small balance on your card is fine.  Don't app with everything at $0. bal.  Looks like you're afraid to actually use your credit.

Message 5 of 14
topisnear
Established Member

Thank you so much for the help.....I JUST APP'D FOR THE PRG AND WAS INSTANTLY APPROVEDDDDD!! So excited right now!

703 Experian
698Transunion
692 Equifax

Message 6 of 14
wmweeza
Established Contributor

Congrats!

Last App 10/14. FICO's: AMEX Ex 846, BarclayTU08 815.FAKOs:CreditKarma 775,CS score 771.BofA 5400,Target $5000,Barnes $8500,Amex $22k
Message 7 of 14
alvon123
Super Contributor

@topisnear wrote:

Thank you so much for the help.....I JUST APP'D FOR THE PRG AND WAS INSTANTLY APPROVEDDDDD!! So excited right now!

congrats

Message 8 of 14
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Excellent news....Congrats on the approval.

Just wondering why you chose that over the others.  I don't know much about that particular product.  Just my own curiosity Smiley Tongue

Message 9 of 14
topisnear
Established Member

Thanks, Im going to be starting my own company very soon and i will need to spend a large amount of money on a monthly basis and then pay it off from sales. This card will help for uti and the ability to spend more than a typical CC (im hoping). I know ill need to ease into larger spending but it seems to grow nice with you. Im beating myself up right now thinking if i should apply for the ED card since it will be a soft pull. What do you think? im just worried if it denies they will mess with my PRG approval lol, paranoid maybe.

703 Experian
698Transunion
692 Equifax

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.