Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boxed App/Discover 2Q Home Improvement Activtaed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Boxed App/Discover 2Q Home Improvement Activtaed

I thought the earliest was March 1 to activate Q2 but it printed me to so do and it worked today.

My question is this. Has anyone used Boxed? Does it count/is it categorized as Wholesale Club? Thx
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Boxed App/Discover 2Q Home Improvement Activated

@Anonymous wrote:
I thought the earliest was March 1 to activate Q2 but it printed me to so do and it worked today.

My question is this. Has anyone used Boxed? Does it count/is it categorized as Wholesale Club? Thx

I've never used Boxed either, but I was also able to activate the 2nd quarter categories. 

Now I don't have to be concerned with overlooking it.  Smiley Happy

Disco2nd.png

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is boxed?   What do they sell? 

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It's an online, no membership needed store like Sam's Club and Costco.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

It just let me activate Q2 as well, thanks!

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Mostly boxed goods and a lot of housewares, like toilet paper and paper towels.  A lot of stuff that you'd find at the grocery store or a Costco/Sam's.  I found their prices to be no bargain.  Even with a 20% off coupon and a $15 off $50 AmEx offer, I struggled to find enough stuff to buy to fill an order, and I still paid almost as much as I would pay at Costco.  Without the coupon and deal, the prices were more than I'd pay at the grocery store.  Not sure what the draw would be.

Chris.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks,   I don't think I could buy/use that much.  When I go to wallmart I buy that stuff and on the bimonthly Sams epic journey if I have room left I stock up and fill all the spare room.    

Message 7 of 10
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Boxed App/Discover 2Q Home Improvement Activtaed

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the update.  I logged on and activated mine.   I don't do much home improvement shopping, but it seems like Discover really loves the wholesale club spend.

Not sure how Boxed would code, since I'm not familiar with them.  You could always try making a small purchase to see how it codes.   Looking at how other cards (Visa/MC/AMEX) post isn't a good barometer.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 8 of 10
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

I have used boxed once to buy things for my work. I did go through Ibotta for 15% cash back, used a $15.00 off coupon, and used the amex offer $15.00 off of $50.00 purchase.

This sale was a very good deal for me. But I don't really plan to use it again, unless another offer comes up on amex or someone else.

I used Amex so not sure how it will code for Disc. and I  never even looked to see.

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

How was it coded for Amex?

I use it a lot and for me as well have had good deals. Plus no membership fee like there is with Sams or Costco. I still think Costco is better but I like Boxed better than Sams.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.