Did you mean: 

Boy do I feel stupid...

tag
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Re: Boy do I feel stupid...

@Anonymous wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

I just realized my Quicksilver One had 0% APR on purchases for 9 months - that just ran out last statement.

I'm laughing at myself because I had been paying it in full to avoid finance charges. Now this month, when I'm going to carry a balance (only for two statements, don't worry!), I'll have to pay interest on it. 

Normally I wouldn't carry a balance at all, but I'm waiting on a rebate check for a large purchase I made with the card. It may arrive before the payment is due, but if it doesn't I'll be paying 22 % intersest on a $500 balance. 

Hope you learned a lesson. Next time pay very close attention to the fine details when signing up for a card. Sometimes it's those small details that people ignore but in reality a BT at 0% APR was a freebie for you. Hope you were not paying high interest on other cards for those 9 months as you could have transferred them to this card.

Live and Learn.

Thankfully, I wasn't carrying interest-bearing balances on anything over the last few months. My other QS1 card has a $400 balance on it right now, but that will be paid when it's due. 

I parked a large $2000 purchase on my Freedom card as soon as I got the approval for it, but I have 13 months until I need to worry about that. I'm waiting for my spouse to pay me back for that one (new water heater for the house). Smiley Happy 

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

I just realized my Quicksilver One had 0% APR on purchases for 9 months - that just ran out last statement.

I'm laughing at myself because I had been paying it in full to avoid finance charges. Now this month, when I'm going to carry a balance (only for two statements, don't worry!), I'll have to pay interest on it. 

Normally I wouldn't carry a balance at all, but I'm waiting on a rebate check for a large purchase I made with the card. It may arrive before the payment is due, but if it doesn't I'll be paying 22 % intersest on a $500 balance. 

Hope you learned a lesson. Next time pay very close attention to the fine details when signing up for a card. Sometimes it's those small details that people ignore but in reality a BT at 0% APR was a freebie for you. Hope you were not paying high interest on other cards for those 9 months as you could have transferred them to this card.

Live and Learn.

Smiley Wink

Little harsh.....

Message 12 of 18
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Little harsh.....

Nah, they're right. Thankfully this was more of a "Bank error in your favor" lesson to learn Smiley Happy 

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Little harsh.....

Nah, they're right. Thankfully this was more of a "Bank error in your favor" lesson to learn Smiley Happy 

The message, but the GIF, lol...

In any case....That's what BT's are for!

Message 14 of 18
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@DeeBee78 wrote:

Get the BlueBird by AMEX. No inquiries, no AF. There are certain aspects of using this card that are frowned upon on this board, but you can effectively use it to revolve balance without incurring high APR costs, HPs, or AAoA losses.

Message 15 of 18
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Ghoshida wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

Get the BlueBird by AMEX. No inquiries, no AF. There are certain aspects of using this card that are frowned upon on this board, but you can effectively use it to revolve balance without incurring high APR costs, HPs, or AAoA losses.

Bluebird is a debit card. How can you use a debit card to revolve a balance? 

Message 16 of 18
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@Ghoshida wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

Any further discussion might not be kosher here.

Check up on that card at FlyerTalk. Or Google for info.

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ghoshida wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@Ghoshida wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

Any further discussion might not be kosher here.

Check up on that card at FlyerTalk. Or Google for info.

Quite simply, It's a roundabout way of doing a BT, just without the 3% fee involved..

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.