Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brace yourselves......💳💳💳💳💳💳

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Brace yourselves......💳💳💳💳💳💳

pizza1 wrote:

I wouldnt really call tiffany and company wine glasses a "white elephant" gift. I have the red and white wine sets, and They sit in box until I have company, and then use them.  They are not my everyday glasses. Smiley Wink  I have an All-Clad kitchen as well...my entire kitchen is from Williams- Sonoma, except for my everyday dishes, and those are from RH.  I prefer to spend a little more on good quality things, rather than replace stuff every year or two. Smiley Wink

humuhumunukunukuapua'a wrote:

plus...... they have some really nice diamonds. Smiley Happy

Message 31 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Brace yourselves......💳💳💳💳💳💳

@pizza1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

The ones I have are the 'lead-crystal' variety... I have a set of eight:

http://www.tiffany.com/gifts/gifts-for-the-home/plaid-double-old-fashioned-glass-10874815?&&fromGrid=1&search_params=p+1-n+10000-c+-1-s+11-r+-t+Double%20Old%20fashioned%20Glass-ni+1-x+-lr+-hr+-ri+-mi+-pp+0+1&search=1&origin=search&searchkeyword=Double%20Old%20fashioned%20Glass&trackpdp=search&fromcid=-1

I agree that they 'take up space', but at $45 each I'm not about to get rid of them!  They will continue to serve me well on special occasions.  Smiley Wink

Personally, I'd rather have the $360 in All-Clad. Smiley Happy I'll take workhorses over white elephants.

I wouldnt really call tiffany and company wine glasses a "white elephant" gift. I have the red and white wine sets, and They sit in box until I have company, and then use them.  They are not my everyday glasses. Smiley Wink  I have an All-Clad kitchen as well...my entire kitchen is from Williams- Sonoma, except for my everyday dishes, and those are from RH.  I prefer to spend a little more on good quality things, rather than replace stuff every year or two. Smiley Wink

Are they made with "lead crystal" (the marketing term for lead glass) or lead-free "crystal glass"? Wine glasses generally aren't made with lead. (Edit: Actually, Tiffany does make a few.) I'm only calling lead-containing products inconvenient and impractical.

I think the idea of differing glass shapes for different wines (like burgundy and bordeaux glasses) is nonsense, though. All you really want in a wine glass is a good "funnel" effect where the wine has a high surface area relative to the cross-sectional area at the rim of the glass.

I get that champagne flutes have a cultural celebratory connotation, though I've had guests quite content to go through a few bottles of champagne with generic wine glasses. Smiley Happy

Message 32 of 32
† Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.