cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brain Fart.....we're all allowed, right?

tag
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Brain Fart.....we're all allowed, right?

In my ongoing quest to re-fi my mtg, I was wanting to get a better "mix" on my report.  So far my reports would show 4 open accts. 1 mortgage, 3 CC.

I wanted a charge card to help things a bit.....then I had one of those "smack your forehead...coulda had a V8" moments.

I have had a Firestone charge card since May of 06, but it was never activated because right after I got it, I moved & didn't live or work near a shop.  It was on my reports...sort of. It wasn't counted in the mix because I hadn't used it yet & didn't show a limit.

Drove about 17 miles north this am....new wiper blades installed...$27. & a nicely aged TL with a $1200 limit! Smiley Wink

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Re: Brain Fart.....we're all allowed, right?

...and a new Scorewatch score, to boot!

I think you had a "smart f*rt" !

Congrats!

Message 2 of 17
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Brilliant!

Now that you have a shiney new TL good for $1,200 I guess you can afford the tickets for tonights tractor pull! Smiley Wink

If you pay for the tickets, I'll spring for the MD 20/20!  Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by creditwherecreditisdue on 07-18-2009 01:05 PM
Message 3 of 17
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

Brilliant!

Now that you have a shiney new TL good for $1,200 I guess you can afford the tickets for tonights tractor pull! Smiley Wink

If you pay for the tickets, I'll spring for the MD 20/20!  Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by creditwherecreditisdue on 07-18-2009 01:05 PM

Well  now, aint that gonna be a rip roarin' good time!  Lemme git ahold 'a my cuzin' Jeb & he can bring the hounds too.  They love them there tracterz!  Makes em holler like the dickens!  hahahaSmiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 17
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

It sure is great to get a laugh out of this forum once in a while! If it was naught but Chase 24/7 I would surely do myself in!
Message 5 of 17
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:
It sure is great to get a laugh out of this forum once in a while! If it was naught but Chase 24/7 I would surely do myself in!

Oh yes!!  Humor is a wonderful remedy to nasty cap 1 accts!

OK...I was holding back on mentioning this (didn't want any tomato's thrown my way since I want to re-fi)..but also, in trying to boost available credit & have a nicer mix... yesterday I applied for a Chase BP visa.....ACCEPTED!!!!

I don't even have the card or acct # yet (about 3 days) but I called & my limit is $2100!  So...in the last 24hrs I've got the one charge acct above for 1200 (statement cut date...27th) with a 20 month history finally added! & Chase Visa for 2100, to give me a grand total of an extra     $3300 !!!!!!!  I couldn't get the statement date for the Chase card until they actually make it & mail it!   JEEZ....everything takes SO long!!!!!!  hahahaha

Message 6 of 17
marty56
Super Contributor

Good luck on the refi.  I just did one at RBFCU.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 7 of 17
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@marty56 wrote:
Good luck on the refi.  I just did one at RBFCU.

What's RBFCU?  I guessed the Credit Union part!  Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 17
marty56
Super Contributor

Randolph-Brooks Fedeal Credit Union.  They gave me a way better deal than National City did and I have been a National City customer for over 5 years.

Next summer their Visa card goes to the unused credit card farm in Virginia and I will get a RBFCU card. 

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 9 of 17
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

You can check it out here:

https://www.rbfcu.org/

Congrats on your new Chase card, Mo. That's a pretty good card if I remember correctly.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.