cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new CC reporting years of payment history?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Brand new CC reporting years of payment history?

Anyone ever have this happen before?  One of the new cards I opened last week reported to the bureaus the new account almost immediately (1-2 days after opening it) and when I pulled my CCT reports today when looking at that account under 1 bureau (Equifax) it shows payment history on the account back to 2012?  I thought this was odd.  On TU it shows zero payment history and on EX it shows this month as "paid" so 1 month of payment history although I haven't paid a dime yet.

Just wondering why EQ is showing 4 years of payment history on this brand new account.  I'm assuming this is a standard type of "glitch" that will get fixed at some point as by definition an account can't have payment history before it was opened.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: Brand new CC reporting years of payment history?

Definitely sounds like a glitch.. Odd situation 

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 2 of 10
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Whatever you do - DO NOT TELL THE CREDITOR!  haha.

Have you ever had an account with the creditor (you don't say who it is) and maybe theyre reporting the date based on that?

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it's a CCT glitch. When I pulled my 3-bureau report last week on CCT, everything else was normal, but my two Chase cards (which are less than 2 months old) showed 2 years (!) of on-time payment history for TransUnion and Equifax - basically a long line of 'OK's, filling up the entire row. Experian was completely normal for those two cards, and all three bureaus were normal for all my other cards.

Message 4 of 10
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I couldn't imagine that would be anything but a glitch. It should correct itself.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Strange. Thanks for sharing this.

Message 6 of 10
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

It is a CCT glitch.. Same thing happens to me on alot of accounts.   In reality a creditor will be able to know based on when the account was opened as that shows correctly on CCT, vs. the glitch where it goes back three years or whatever on CCT.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

The same thing happened to me. When I opened my Amex ED in January 2015 it reported 35 years.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't had anything quite like that happen before.  But I have had my credit union visa do a few strange things.  Like never update the balance.  Always stays the same number around $1xx.xx..  And also shows highest balance has my initial approved credit line prior to CLI, even though I've never had the balance that high.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I guess this Sunday when I get my CK update I can look up Equifax on there and see what it shows for the new account.  If the issue isn't there, it's definitely a CCT glitch.  If it does show 4 years of account history then it's not a CCT issue and somehow got reported incorrectly to Equifax.

The new account is through Synchrony (Lowe's).  I've had a couple of Synchrony Care Credit accounts in the past one that was opened in 9/2012 and one in 2013...  the inaccurate reporting of the Lowe's account that I just opened dates back to 3/2012 which is 6 months before I opened the Care Credit account, so I don't believe that there's any correlation there. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.