cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Branded Cards - Sears (Citi) and Apple (Barclaycard)

tag
AAstra
Regular Contributor

Branded Cards - Sears (Citi) and Apple (Barclaycard)

Does anyone have experience with either of these or know if you can get a credit line increase without a hard pull? I have several other cards all with higher limits and I would like to increase these. If not, does anyone have any suggestions for either PC'ing these? I've considered canceling them but it just doesn't seem worth - might as well leave them open and just use them from time to time.

FICO - TU: 815 | EQ: 793 | EX: 813

Sears MasterCard: $13k (1/2013)
Capital One Venture One Visa Signature: $10k (7/2015)
Amex BCE: $9.8k (3/2014)
Amex Corporate: NPSL
Chase Freedom Visa Signature: $9.5k (3/2014)
Discover it: $9.5k (3/2014)
Barclaycard Visa with Apple Rewards: $2.65k (6/2013)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Branded Cards - Sears (Citi) and Apple (Barclaycard)

Sear MC is Citi backed, and always a HP for a CLI. Its co-branded, and can't be PC'ed to any of their other cards.

The APPLE card cannot be PC'ed either, BUT.....you can could transfer to the limit to another Barclays CC if you had one. NOW...you can call in and do the APR reduct/SP trick with them, and see about that.

You call into CS, ask them for an APR reduction. (regular CSR agents can't do that)....they will transfer you to another dept that can. Ask them for a APR reduction, and if they can't, ask them if your acct is eligible for SP CLI....

It works if your eligible. Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 4
AAstra
Regular Contributor

Thanks so much for the insight. Really appreciated. I might have to apply for something else with Barclay's and then move the limit/close the Apple.
FICO - TU: 815 | EQ: 793 | EX: 813

Sears MasterCard: $13k (1/2013)
Capital One Venture One Visa Signature: $10k (7/2015)
Amex BCE: $9.8k (3/2014)
Amex Corporate: NPSL
Chase Freedom Visa Signature: $9.5k (3/2014)
Discover it: $9.5k (3/2014)
Barclaycard Visa with Apple Rewards: $2.65k (6/2013)
Message 3 of 4
willwar14
Valued Contributor

I disagree with what pizza said.. I converted my Apple card to their rewards card. I had to do it through their EO, their CSRs are useless when it comes to that..

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.