cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breaking News - TrueCredit daily 3-1 updating gone!

tag
Comp5569
Regular Contributor

Re: Breaking News - TrueCredit daily 3-1 updating gone!

Cancelled!  They must have had a lot of calls today.  It was quite simple to cancel.
Message 31 of 136
laz98
Senior Contributor

this blows.  i'm cancelling for my gf & myself.  stupid truecredit.
Message 32 of 136
nuugatman
Established Member

Darn, now I need a new 3 in 1 monitor.  Is citi identity monitor good?
Message 33 of 136
FICOfanatic
Valued Member

Can someone post the number they used to call to cancel their subscription?  I have tried to look for a number, but cannot...  I had thought about cancelling before, but said that this was the only reason I was keeping it.  Now that they are taking it away... I will cancel too.  Thanks for posting information like this.

Message 34 of 136
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here you go

1-800-493-2392  Press 2

This is the corporate # below

1-866-212-2170

When they tell you they cannot process a refund keep telling them they changed terms of service and have failed to execute contract language...

TheTaxMan

Message 35 of 136
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got creditchecktotal about a year ago and they r similar credit secure. After the free 30 days they charge 39.95 but when I called to canceled they 1st lowered that down to 19.95 but I still said no they then dropped it down to 11.95    
Message 36 of 136
strawbrygrl13
Established Member

I called and cancelled my TrueCredit account as well, which is a major bummer. For the past year and a half I've enjoyed updating my report every day (now that I'm making great improvements on my scores and I have new lines of credit  posting as we speak). Upon cancelling I was notified that only the TC corporate office will provide a refund. The customer service manager I spoke to at the corporate office did not budge, even after 4 times asking for a refund (friendly and politely, but firmly. I'm a customer service manager as well, so I know not to get huffy or to treat them with disrespect in any way). But alas, the CS manager maintained their position of no refund, and said that the service I paid for had already been provided so I will continue to be charged for this month.

I will try again by contacting a different CS manager. Otherwise letters will be sent. I'm sure it's been a very long day for their customer service department but there's no reason why refunds would be provided to some customers and not to others!

Starting Score: 564 (08/2013)
Current Score: 04/17/2017 684
Goal Score: 750

Message 37 of 136
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cancelled!  They are adamant about not giving refunds!  They gave me a number to call.... no managers available.  They must be going nuts over there with everyone cancelling left and right!

Message 38 of 136
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Classic example of crappy planning that they would decide to do this, and then not sit down, anticipate the consequences, and have a complete plan on how to deal with demands for refunds, with an accompanying script for CSR's.

I swear, you really have to wonder if anyone in business has brains or imagination any more. Smiley Tongue

OK, I was finally able to try to update. So we can do the daily change report, but on Transunion only? Well, that's pretty useless. sheesh

eta: If you do the TU change report, you can slide down to the bottom of the screen and vent! Smiley Wink
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 12-18-2008 06:25 PM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 39 of 136
Anonymous
Not applicable

OMG this hurts worse than when my doc quit prescribing me vicodin..
Message 40 of 136
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.