cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breaking News - TrueCredit daily 3-1 updating gone!

tag
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

Re: Breaking News - TrueCredit daily 3-1 updating gone!

@smallfry wrote:

@score_building wrote:

@itsjustmeibe wrote:
Bank of America offers $12.99 per month for unlimited access. Bank of America Privacy Assist Premier

can anybody offer f/b on this product from boa...  offers daily pulls,etc?

Not a daily puller never was one.

He is right, BoA privacy assist premier is unlimited access to view the credit report, however its a quarterly pull. The offer description is kind of misleading. I called BoA last night Smiley Sad

AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Message 61 of 136
ralbusta
Frequent Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
Just a heads-up to all: I heard from a member who WAS able to pull all three updated reports last night. This might be a fluke, but you never know.

So before calling to cancel, be sure to try on your own reports.

Yeah, I was able to pull yesterday also. But that ability is gone now until Jan. 18. I guess you get one last pull and that counts for this month.

BTW that change report has been around since last december. I clicked it by accident last year, then they took it away for a few months. Now it looks like its back for good. Smiley Sad

Message 62 of 136
Anonymous
Not applicable

Holy Moses are they really pushing for people not dropping the service. I just tried to pull my daily(been 24 hrs) and saw the change. Came straight here cuz I knew you folks would have something out there on this and I saw so many drop the service. I just called and tried to, boy are they really really running there at true credit. Since I can still get a daily on TransUnion I am going to keep it for a bit, Im looking to get a car loan and I know my CU pulls Transunion. I have two cards that havent posted since I paid them off in April so I snuck in a small purchase and paid it off this month, hopefully that will still qualify to be sent to TU. Once I know those cards post again I think my numbers will go up a bit (maybe). Not sure how long I will keep TC, what a crappy thing to do just to switch it like that with no notice. I wonder how many people pulled this report instead of getting the daily's previous to this.

~~Happy Holidays to all

Message 63 of 136
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Holy Moses are they really pushing for people not dropping the service. I just tried to pull my daily(been 24 hrs) and saw the change. Came straight here cuz I knew you folks would have something out there on this and I saw so many drop the service. I just called and tried to, boy are they really really running there at true credit. Since I can still get a daily on TransUnion I am going to keep it for a bit, Im looking to get a car loan and I know my CU pulls Transunion. I have two cards that havent posted since I paid them off in April so I snuck in a small purchase and paid it off this month, hopefully that will still qualify to be sent to TU. Once I know those cards post again I think my numbers will go up a bit (maybe). Not sure how long I will keep TC, what a crappy thing to do just to switch it like that with no notice. I wonder how many people pulled this report instead of getting the daily's previous to this.

~~Happy Holidays to all

If I were you I would cancel it.  You can use creditkarma.com and get your TU FIKO daily, if there is a big change then purchase a myfico tu report.

Message 64 of 136
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont really feel to comfortable with creditKarma, but I agree, I probably will drop it soon. But since it will still show me every card balance every 24hrs even if it is for only TU I can use that for a few more days. Does creditkarma do that? I looked at that site once but wasnt sure of the security of it.
Message 65 of 136
Anonymous
Not applicable

Canceled today and refunded for December. Ugh, I hate that they changed. I loved this service.
Message 66 of 136
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

Can't say I am really happy about this, but I have not rushed to cancel. You still get one 3-1 report per month for $14.95. I would really prefer to have one I can pull daily. I really can't say that anybody's monitoring service is worth a hoot. None of them seem to work correctly. (I know there is a new account sitting on EX and TC has not notified me. Since I can't/won't pull EQ I don't know if it is reporting yet on EQ and not being alerted by SW, but a failure to alert would not surprise me at all.) When there is an identified as reliable product to switch to I probably will. I just don't like the idea of paying any more money than I already am. Grrr!
Message 67 of 136
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jmbfl wrote:
Can't say I am really happy about this, but I have not rushed to cancel. You still get one 3-1 report per month for $14.95. I would really prefer to have one I can pull daily. I really can't say that anybody's monitoring service is worth a hoot. None of them seem to work correctly. (I know there is a new account sitting on EX and TC has not notified me. Since I can't/won't pull EQ I don't know if it is reporting yet on EQ and not being alerted by SW, but a failure to alert would not surprise me at all.) When there is an identified as reliable product to switch to I probably will. I just don't like the idea of paying any more money than I already am. Grrr!

I know it is a personal opinion as to what to do, but I canceled. For once a month I'll just sign up, get the report, and cancel the next day. I doubt I'd remember to pull 12 times a year...

Message 68 of 136
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

ralbusta wrote:

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
Just a heads-up to all: I heard from a member who WAS able to pull all three updated reports last night. This might be a fluke, but you never know.

So before calling to cancel, be sure to try on your own reports.

Yeah, I was able to pull yesterday also. But that ability is gone now until Jan. 18. I guess you get one last pull and that counts for this month.

BTW that change report has been around since last december. I clicked it by accident last year, then they took it away for a few months. Now it looks like its back for good. Smiley Sad

Ah, then that would explain it.

The only ones who can pull now are those who haven't pulled within the last 30-31 days, or possibly during December, and once they do, they have to wait like the rest of us.

Thanks for the update!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 69 of 136
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called the 800-493-2392 number and cancelled.  They refused to refund three times and said I had to call Corporate at 866-212-2170.  I did... spoke to John who could care less.  He tells me to pull out my contract and read the "Terms and Conditions" wherein it is stated that they can do whatever they want, whenever they want... and have.  No refund.  Do I need to call the BBB?  "Do whatever you like.  You're not getting a refund."  And if I were to notify the AG?  "Sir, you're not going to get a refund.  Thank you for calling." (Click)  I was nice, but persistant, too.  $15 isn't going to break me.  It's the principle of it... not to mention the two rude reps I dealt with.  Mama always said: "What goes around, comes around."  I'm sure they'll get theirs.
Message 70 of 136
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.