cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breaking News - TrueCredit daily 3-1 updating gone!

tag
mymoneynow
Regular Contributor

Re: Breaking News - TrueCredit daily 3-1 updating gone!

I was able to pull 3 in 1 on 12/26/08, then tried again today, got the same message the rest of you are getting- only available once a month.

I called customer service 1-800-493-2392  CSR tried to talk me out of cancelling, but then cancelled. 

Not applicable

@Thunderseven wrote:

I too cancelled mine the other day.  I explained why I was cancelling to the CSR and she said she understood.  She said my account would be cancelled on the 27th, and sure enough it was.  I did receive the email confirmation (see below), as well as an invitation to take a survey to explain why I chose to cancel.  Did anyone else have the same opportunity to voice their complaint?

We're sorry that you've decided to cancel your Credit Monitoring subscription, and we'd like to understand how we can help you with your credit management needs. Please let us know why you decided to cancel your service by filling out "our quick, one question survey".

Please note that your credit report is no longer being monitored for changes. Credit Monitoring is one of the most effective ways to identify potential fraud and guard against identity theft. Should you decide that you'd like to resume your subscription, please give us a call and we'd be happy to help.

For contact information and hours of service, click here.

Your credit health is as important to us as it is to you. We hope that you will turn to TrueCredit to help you with your credit management needs in the future.

TrueCredit
Manage your credit. Manage your life. (sm)

I took their "quick, one question survey" and while it was quick, it was not one question.

Message 122 of 136
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

so after all of this did we determine about who will allow you daily pulls? i dont have an amex so i cant use their svc, i have the dillards amex but it's not a true amex....the chase svc i tried it but it only pulls experian and one i signed up it says on the left hand side in small print that i can only pull once a month??!!
~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 123 of 136
iamrayl
Regular Contributor

Credit Check Total allows daily pulls.
Message 124 of 136
jschaffer
Regular Contributor

@iamrayl wrote:
Credit Check Total allows daily pulls.

They do seem to be the most popular. I signed up and like it...though I do miss truecredit. If they ever go back to daily reports I'm switching in a heart-beat.

Message 125 of 136
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

how much again is the credit check total?
Message 126 of 136
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bamagirl1 wrote:
how much again is the credit check total?

It's advertised as 19.95 or 19.99 ($20) on the website.  Someone said that when you call to cancel at the end of the 7 days, you can tell them it's too expensive, and they will discount it to 9.95 for 6 months and then at the end of six months, try that again.

Message 127 of 136
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

hmm ok i'll have to try that.. thanks
Message 128 of 136
Anonymous
Not applicable

FYI, there was a class action lawsuit against them which I believe caused all this.  Myself, my sister, and my brother-in-law are members TC, but, I am the only one who is a member of the lawsuit.  I was awarded three free months of service.  Since then, my sister and my bro-in-law could only get the stupid change report, which makes absolutely no sense to me!

I think everything will end after my three months  are up...I just don't get how they can change the service to something completely different than that which someone initially purchased!

Message 129 of 136
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

Just signed up for CreditCheck Total today and love it!! Best alternate to TC I've seen yet.The plus scores are a bit over the top, but good for the ego. Smiley Very Happy  Nat ID Protect was horrendous but YMMV. It did not download my EX report. And the cust serv dept gave me a heck of a time cancelling. Again YMMV. I sure hope TC will wake up in the next few months and go back to the daily pulls.
[4/24] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1-2%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 3, TU 2. AoOA=15.8y, AoYA=8m.
TCL $678.5K: Personal $562.5K, Business $116K.
Message 130 of 136
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.