Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breaking the $20,000 barrier!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Breaking the $20,000 barrier!

For the first time, I broke the 20k ceiling with Citi, which has been very very good to me. At the beginning of 2008, my CL with Citi was 16.6k while the others were 10.5 ~ 15k. Then it was increased by 2k to 18.6 (somewhere in July), another 1k to 19.6 (maybe October), and finally this morning another 1k to $20,600. It looks like every 3 months, I don't know how it works.

As some of you have noticed, Citi changed its LUV system. When it is on under TOOLS/Request a CLI, I get an automatic increase. A few lenders ran my credit check a month ago, and one told me that my Mid score was 766. Another has EQ781, EX756, and TU759. Whether you are aware of it or not, 740 is the score for the best available mortgage rate.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Breaking the $20,000 barrier!

Congrats. I hope to make it to $20k someday. Heck, I'd settle for $10k.  Awesome scores. Your hard work is paying off!
Message 2 of 12
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Congrats! I just broke through the 10k ceiling with Citi myself.
Here we go again...
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi really luvs you. CONGRATS!

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Super Congrats on the 20k breakthrough, jsk!!!! Smiley Happy

Maybe it's me, but there appears to be certain thresholds

that accelerate CLI's. First 5k...then 10k.....then 20k.

So don't be surprised if 20k limits from other lenders start

popping up on your credit report. Man, that would be sweet,

wouldn't it??!!! Smiley Happy

Once again, Congrats on the CLI!!! Smiley Very Happy

CanDo

"The right attitude is everything"

Message 5 of 12
oracles
Valued Contributor

congrats jsk, treat it well and hopefully soon you will see other cards reaching this plateau
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tend to agree with CanDoAttitude in that several other CCs with 15k CL have been unwilling to give me more. It would be interesting to see how the other CCs respond.

For those with 10k CL, I was in your situation just a couple of years ago. So be patient and disciplined, and you will be rewarded.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I tend to agree with CanDoAttitude in that several other CCs with 15k CL have been unwilling to give me more. It would be interesting to see how the other CCs respond.

For those with 10k CL, I was in your situation just a couple of years ago. So be patient and disciplined, and you will be rewarded.

I agree.  I've been noticing a rash of CLI's amongst my creditors since I got my first $5k CL...I'm sure it is similar at the $10k and $20k mark.
Message 8 of 12
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

My Citi Card is at $19,600. Hope one of these days, I would overcome the $20K Barrier.
Message 9 of 12
oracles
Valued Contributor

I just want my HSBC card to hit 15k already Smiley Very Happy
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.