Reply
Moderator
Posts: 13,869
Registered: ‎04-15-2011
0

Re: Breaking the $5000 Credit Card Limit?

I broke the 5k limit with Discover it back in Feb.  Did a recent app spree,

 

Chase 6k

City TYP 10K

Amex BCE 16K

 

Barclays is still at $4700 but that was a recent auto CLI from $2500



Starting Score: 504




July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!
Valued Contributor
Posts: 5,381
Registered: ‎04-30-2013
0

Re: Breaking the $5000 Credit Card Limit?


Shogun wrote:

I broke the 5k limit with Discover it back in Feb.  Did a recent app spree,

 

Chase 6k

City TYP 10K

Amex BCE 16K

 

Barclays is still at $4700 but that was a recent auto CLI from $2500


Awesome. I am tryng to decide if I want to app for the Discover or NFCU Flagship next. 




NFCU Flagship $25,000 I AMEX SPG $23,000 I Chase Sapphire Preferred $17,500 I Discover IT $12,000 I
Established Contributor
Posts: 634
Registered: ‎02-17-2011
0

Re: Breaking the $5000 Credit Card Limit?

Its funny too because CAPONE has a statement for applying for a card with Excellent credit. One of the criteria is having a card with a 5000 limit

Amex Delta Gold $1000.00 CL; Discover $1000.00 CL; Gap Visa $4500.00 CL; AE Visa 4000.00 CL; Cap1 Quicksilver $2000.00; Walmart MasterCard $5,300.00; Sam's Club Mastercard $8500.00; Barclay's Rewards MC $3700; CITIBank Dividend Platinum $300.00 CL; AMEX PRG NPSL; Wells Fargo Rewards VISA $3,000.00 CL; Barclays AA Red Aviator MC $4000.00 CL; BOA Better Balance Rewards VIsa $1000.00 CL; Chase Freedom Visa $3,500; Venture $15,000; Venture One $10,000.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 5,381
Registered: ‎04-30-2013
0

Re: Breaking the $5000 Credit Card Limit?

Cap1 has been really annoying me lately with their CLIs. Its amazing how they are ALWAYS at least $5K below everyone else with their CL




NFCU Flagship $25,000 I AMEX SPG $23,000 I Chase Sapphire Preferred $17,500 I Discover IT $12,000 I
Moderator
Posts: 13,869
Registered: ‎04-15-2011
0

Re: Breaking the $5000 Credit Card Limit?

If you can get in with NFCU, you need to do it!!!!!!



Starting Score: 504




July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!
Valued Contributor
Posts: 5,381
Registered: ‎04-30-2013
0

Re: Breaking the $5000 Credit Card Limit?


Shogun wrote:

If you can get in with NFCU, you need to do it!!!!!!


My membership should be approved on Monday. I have sent in everything I need to and they pulled my CR today. I should have joined them when I was active duty but luckily I am eligible now so I am jumping on it. 




NFCU Flagship $25,000 I AMEX SPG $23,000 I Chase Sapphire Preferred $17,500 I Discover IT $12,000 I
Moderator
Posts: 13,869
Registered: ‎04-15-2011
0

Re: Breaking the $5000 Credit Card Limit?


azguy13 wrote:

Shogun wrote:

If you can get in with NFCU, you need to do it!!!!!!


My membership should be approved on Monday. I have sent in everything I need to and they pulled my CR today. I should have joined them when I was active duty but luckily I am eligible now so I am jumping on it. 


Good for you!



Starting Score: 504




July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!
Valued Contributor
Posts: 5,381
Registered: ‎04-30-2013
0

Re: Breaking the $5000 Credit Card Limit?


Shogun wrote:

azguy13 wrote:

Shogun wrote:

If you can get in with NFCU, you need to do it!!!!!!


My membership should be approved on Monday. I have sent in everything I need to and they pulled my CR today. I should have joined them when I was active duty but luckily I am eligible now so I am jumping on it. 


Good for you!


Thanks! I'll let you guys know how the flagship app goes. I will also most likely use them for an auto loan in the near future. Thats my main reason of joining. 




NFCU Flagship $25,000 I AMEX SPG $23,000 I Chase Sapphire Preferred $17,500 I Discover IT $12,000 I
Community Leader
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,493
Registered: ‎07-12-2012
0

Re: Breaking the $5000 Credit Card Limit?


azguy13 wrote:

Shogun wrote:

azguy13 wrote:

Shogun wrote:

If you can get in with NFCU, you need to do it!!!!!!


My membership should be approved on Monday. I have sent in everything I need to and they pulled my CR today. I should have joined them when I was active duty but luckily I am eligible now so I am jumping on it. 


Good for you!


Thanks! I'll let you guys know how the flagship app goes. I will also most likely use them for an auto loan in the near future. Thats my main reason of joining. 


NFCU is very giving!!! GL

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
721 EQ FICO 05/2015
720 TU FICO 05/2015
727 EX FICO 05/2015
$14k NFCU Platinum | $25k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $9k Barclay Arrival WEMC | $5.4k Cap1 Quicksilver | $6k Amazon Store | $10k Cap1 VentureOne | $5k Barclay US Airways | $500 Chase Freedom
Valued Contributor
Posts: 5,381
Registered: ‎04-30-2013
0

Re: Breaking the $5000 Credit Card Limit?

Thanks! I'll keep you posted. Maybe I can adopt some of you once I am a member and then you guys can be members too :smileywink:




NFCU Flagship $25,000 I AMEX SPG $23,000 I Chase Sapphire Preferred $17,500 I Discover IT $12,000 I
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.