cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bring EQ and EX reports to CU to avoid a hard pull?

Regular Contributor

Bring EQ and EX reports to CU to avoid a hard pull?

 

Did I read in here that we can bring our own(pulled today) reports to the CU? My TU sucks and Im trying to avoid hard pulls.

Thanks~


12/28 EX 745( FAKO)
12/28 DCU 742 FICO
12/28 WM TU 796 FICO
Walmart Discover 15k |CSP 14.4k | Penfed Cash Rewards 9k |DCU 7.5k | Chase Freedom 8k | FNFG 5k | Discover 6.4k| BOA 4k | BCE 3k


6 REPLIES
Valued Contributor

Re: Bring EQ and EX reports to CU to avoid a hard pull?

You can bring in your report, but CU is still going to HP you during application process. It is easy to forge a credit report.

Established Contributor

Re: Bring EQ and EX reports to CU to avoid a hard pull?

+1.  Bringing your credit report can be very helpful, though, in having the conversation about what you want to apply for. Most CUs are very upfront about what they can do for you based on the report you brought. As long as it is accurate and recent, then once they do the HP for something they said they would likely approve you for, it should be a practically guaranteed approval.

 

Did this when I was shopping my car loan, and my interest rate actually ended up being slightly better than what the loan officer told me before pulling my current report.

Starting: EQ 622 (myFICO 7/7/12), EX 696 (TU FAKO 8/14/12), TU 621 (CK TransRisk 7/24/12), Total CL $1k on 2 TLs
Current: EQ 709 (CCT 2/4/15), EX 704 (CCT 2/4/15) , TU 702 (CCT 2/4/15), Total CL $110.3k on 14 TLs Goal: 740+ x3
My Wallet: Amex BCP $30k, Chase United Explorer $16k, Amex SPG $13.5k, Barclaycard Ring MC $12.5k, Chase CSP VS $12.2k, Discover it $10.5k, C1 Venture VS $6.5k, Chase Slate $3.5k, Amex Hilton Surpass $2k, Barclaycard Apple V $2k, Chase Freedom V $1100, BoA Cash Rewards V $500, Citi BestBuy $500
My Loans: Prosper $25k/36mo, Prosper $17k/36mo
My Business: Chase Ink VS $5k, Amex BRG NPSL (> 10k),
New Contributor

Re: Bring EQ and EX reports to CU to avoid a hard pull?

i brought my TU to my credit union to open a credit card for rebuliding. thank goodness i did, because the score they pulled was 571, and myfico TU score was 628, so not sure what model year they pulled, but i received a 500.00 starter limit and 13 percent apr with no annual fee, rewards card that was made right then and there. i love my credit union!!



Starting Score: TU 639 EQ 638
Current Score: Walmart TU 635
Goal Score: 740+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge





Regular Contributor

Re: Bring EQ and EX reports to CU to avoid a hard pull?


spartanspirit wrote:

I brought my TU to my credit union to open a credit card for rebuliding. thank goodness i did, because the score they pulled was 571, and myfico TU score was 628, so not sure what model year they pulled, but i received a 500.00 starter limit and 13 percent apr with no annual fee, rewards card that was made right then and there. i love my credit union!!


Thanks all! I thought it would be a step in the right direction. I appreciate it!

 


12/28 EX 745( FAKO)
12/28 DCU 742 FICO
12/28 WM TU 796 FICO
Walmart Discover 15k |CSP 14.4k | Penfed Cash Rewards 9k |DCU 7.5k | Chase Freedom 8k | FNFG 5k | Discover 6.4k| BOA 4k | BCE 3k


Valued Contributor

Re: Bring EQ and EX reports to CU to avoid a hard pull?


spartanspirit wrote:

i brought my TU to my credit union to open a credit card for rebuliding. thank goodness i did, because the score they pulled was 571, and myfico TU score was 628, so not sure what model year they pulled, but i received a 500.00 starter limit and 13 percent apr with no annual fee, rewards card that was made right then and there. i love my credit union!!


the tu score sold here is tu98. most credit unions use tu04 (which to my knowledge cannot be purchased anywhere) and tu08 which walmart provides when you enroll in paperless statements. that will explain the score differences

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Moderator

Re: Bring EQ and EX reports to CU to avoid a hard pull?


rootpooty wrote:

spartanspirit wrote:

i brought my TU to my credit union to open a credit card for rebuliding. thank goodness i did, because the score they pulled was 571, and myfico TU score was 628, so not sure what model year they pulled, but i received a 500.00 starter limit and 13 percent apr with no annual fee, rewards card that was made right then and there. i love my credit union!!


the tu score sold here is tu98. most credit unions use tu04 (which to my knowledge cannot be purchased anywhere) and tu08 which walmart provides when you enroll in paperless statements. that will explain the score differences


Possibly bankcard enhanced too; given that many people in a rebuilding phase had trouble on a credit card in the past it's not unusual for it to be lower I suspect.  

Starting Score: EQ 5 561, TU 98 567, EX 2 599 (12/30/11)
Current Score: EQ 5 771, TU 4 758, EX 2 758, EQ 8 795, TU 8 762, EX 8 786 (7/28/17)
Goal Score:    EQ 5 750, TU 4 750, EX 2 750, EQ 8 800, TU 8 Blah, EX 8 800 (01/01/18)


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge