Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broke down and got another Amex

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Broke down and got another Amex

you can log into your account on amex site and do test charges for different amounts until you find a charge that doesn't go through your good.
and the reps told me what my limit was on my business gold once I hit it. they then told me that it will increase each month to some percentage over my highest payment to them.
Message 11 of 14
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Creditaddict wrote:

you can log into your account on amex site and do test charges for different amounts until you find a charge that doesn't go through your good.
and the reps told me what my limit was on my business gold once I hit it. they then told me that it will increase each month to some percentage over my highest payment to them.

Hi, Creditaddict, can you tell us exactly where you do that on the site?

I called CS to tell them that we were going to New Orleans for Memorial Day, and BTW, how much was I good for, but I got a sharp CSR who wasn't easily fooled. He did admit that I was good for $3K anyway, which I suppose after two months is semi-OK. But I'm desperately curious! Smiley Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 12 of 14
Heavy-Handed
Established Member

They also factor in your other existing  Amex Card usage patterns to determine exposure limits for Charge Cards.
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gold card arrived today, and I broke it in tonight at an Italian restaurant. Smiley Very Happy
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.