Senior Contributor

Brooks Brothers Credit card

I got approved for their Brooks Card with a $1,400 CL they told me that they do upgrads has anyone gotten an upgrade? Or have this card that would like to tell their story as to how their CL when applied and if approved for Store or Master Card. Thanks! Its issued by GE

Frequent Contributor

Re: Brooks Brothers Credit card

I received the Brooks Card on October 1, 2011. My initial limit was the same as yours, $1,400. Four months later I received an automatic CLI of $1,000. In July I asked that my limit be increased to $4,000, which was granted. I have put about $2,000 on the card and always PIF.

I have not been offered an upgrade, so can't address that issue. 

________________________________________________________________________________
Moderator Emeritus

If they ever offer the 25% discount on order on the LHS shell cordovan #8 shoes they sell from Alden... ah well, I may break my gardening for that :smileyhappy:.  BB is one of the retailers I have frequently patronized over the past year, so maybe their store card makes some sense for me.

It's probably the same as any other GE-backed card in most respects I'd assume, though it's not one of the more popular store cards discussed.  I wonder if they're still primarily pulling EQ?

Starting Score: EQ 561, TU 567, EX 599* (12/30/11, EX lender pull 12/29/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 693, EQ 8 685, TU 705, EX 709 (02/27/15)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ 04 (01/01/16)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor

Hmm I dont remember who they pulled when I applied, And yes their items are exspensive but they design really good their clothing is very attractive. Which is what made me apply at the first time. I'l conact crdit services to ask again if they upgrade to mastercard when having the store card. :smileyhappy: Thanks for sharing everyone! I would so re-apply just to get the mastercard.

Moderator Emeritus

[ Edited ]

Have to admit I shop their clearance racks mostly. Sometimes one finds near eBay prices on some of their high end seasonal lines like their golden fleece wool slacks last year which are the best pants I have ever owned.

Shoes are better bought new in my case anyway as I'm a biomechanical disaster... And I've been good this year so... :smileywink:

Starting Score: EQ 561, TU 567, EX 599* (12/30/11, EX lender pull 12/29/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 693, EQ 8 685, TU 705, EX 709 (02/27/15)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ 04 (01/01/16)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor

I don't carry a balance but the APR on the card is insane (just like most store cards).  I do shop there a good bit (their non-iron shirts have saved me a ton in dry cleaning).  If I got a store card it would be this one or Banana Republic.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 710 TU 727 EX 704 CK 719(FAKO-EX 697, EQ 697, TU 697)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor

@revelate yes same here their sales rack is pretty good 50% off original price! IM IN! hahha @Duncanrr yup thats why I have their card but would of liked to have gotten the MasterCard :smileysad: I will come back for you BB MASTER CARD you hear me I WILL COME  BACK AND YOU SHALL BE IN MY WALLET! :smileytongue:

New Contributor

I know its an old thread - but, has anyone upgraded from the Brooks Brothers store card to the MasterCard?

Thanks

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.