Frequent Contributor
Slab

Brother as authorized user?

[ Edited ]

My brother has had an AMEX green for about 19 years. I have an AMEX BCE and have had it for 2 months. Would it be possible to become an AU on my brothers card and then have my card back dated to the green cards date? If this sort of activity is frowned upon, I would not attempt to do it. I'm just curious as to how the AU stuff works. Or, if brothers can be AU and I became an AU on his card, would the card then report on my credit if I was an AU on his card?

Equifax FICO 781, Transunion FICO 821, Experian FICO 807,

810 goal on all three by 3-1-2015
Valued Contributor
djc1puno

Re: Brother as authorized user?

[ Edited ]

there's a thread about amex backdating not too long ago...you can try searching for that thread...here's the thread:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Amex-Backdating-AU/m-p/2367459/highlight/true#M668709

hope this helps :smileyhappy:

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Valued Contributor
Crashem

That type of backdating is against rules for a couple of years now. Results in silly situations as people's member year being before they were born. Be prepared for any AU account showing open date of when it was actually opened, no matter what your member year is. Additionally, no real way to get rid of this account on credit report since Amex AU accounts don't really show as AU account on cr. Now if none of this scares you, some hhave head luck getting backdated by basically BSing some Amex rep with the rights to put in request and too bored to enforce rules.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Established Contributor
KIPPIE12

+1 Don't count on this happening for you.  Believe it only applies to primary's membership date.  If you're added, your card would  be member since month added. Piggy backing to increase AAoA  is mostly a thing of the past, but YMMV

Current Score: EQ: 807 TU: 811 EX: 813 (Fico) 8/14
Goal Scores: 760 Across all 3-Finally

Citi TY Premier 36k| Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| CapOne 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Sams Discover 10k|Chase IHG Select Visa 26k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 10k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 10k|Chae IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k
Frequent Contributor
Slab

Thanks a lot for the replies. I will just leave it alone.

Equifax FICO 781, Transunion FICO 821, Experian FICO 807,

810 goal on all three by 3-1-2015

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}