cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brothers credit journey of BRUTE FORCE (cont)UPDATE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Brothers credit journey of BRUTE FORCE (cont)

@OmarGB9 wrote:
I suppose at some point excessive inquiries hits a ceiling of sorts, and additional ones don't really matter anymore.

You would think. I would want to see if we can somehow use this info for a study. Not sure how accurate it would be. But its possible. Effects of inquiries.

Message 11 of 36
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:
I suppose at some point excessive inquiries hits a ceiling of sorts, and additional ones don't really matter anymore.

You would think. I would want to see if we can somehow use this info for a study. Not sure how accurate it would be. But its possible. Effects of inquiries.

Only reason I post these other then the insanity factor. He gets approved for every commenity card under the sky. Apparently having around 70 positve TLs somehow overshadows 100ish inquiries.

TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 12 of 36
rlx01
Established Contributor

How does he keep track of all that plastic?
Message 13 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rlx01 wrote:

I would imagine a rubberband. But for keeping track of the bills, hopefully estatements, and something like mint bills/amex serve or something!

Message 14 of 36
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@rlx01 wrote:

I would imagine a rubberband. But for keeping track of the bills, hopefully estatements, and something like mint bills/amex serve or something!

He puts all but like 5 in a little box. Its a giant stack of all sorts of cards with more being on the way.

TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 15 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

How terrible is his score? I take a few hard pulls and my scores drop like a crazy.

Message 16 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

WOW!  I had to read all the threads.  I can't see how he gets more?  And 1 AA?  So my theory on being responsible is the key to getting and keeping these cards.  I'm a little scared for him but impressed!  Not about the cards he's acquiring, but the stress from dealing with all the cards.  

high_five-2495.jpg

Message 17 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wish he would just realize that at this point, his best friend is time. If he took a whole years, preferably two, let his accounts age and inquiries fall off, he could probably end up with just about any card he wants.
Message 18 of 36
elim
Senior Contributor

I can't find any benefit in aggressively acquiring that many revolving accounts in such a short amount of time (any amount of time for that matter).  I'm sure he's looking very risky to lenders now.  If he would argue "utilization" then I'd remind him that paying 15% on even 1% of his total lines is pretty dumb.  Of course if he PIF's then he won't need many CC's anyway.

sounds like it's purely an addiction at this point and he may want to think about a hobby besides card collecting.

crazy...   thanks for sharing   :]

Message 19 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like he might want to consider credit counseling and/or debtors anonymous.  It's obviously long past an addiction and has turned into an obsession.  I think the next soft pull that creditors like AMEX, Barclays and Chase make on his account won't be pretty.

Message 20 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.