cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brothers credit journey of BRUTE FORCE (cont)UPDATE

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Brothers credit journey of BRUTE FORCE (cont)

@Kostya1992 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Does he ever call for a recon with the rejected ones? That would be an interesting phone call.

Here I thought adding 14 cards this year was bad!

Yes, he calls Citi and AMEX all the time. He doesn't do it multiple times though like I would if I got rejected. He just calls once.

I'm not sure what impresses me more... that he has acquired so many cards, or that so far only one issuer has AA'd him.  Smiley Surprised

This being said, I'll 'bow down' when he is able to get in with Amex with that many inquiries and new accounts.

Message 31 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Brothers credit journey of BRUTE FORCE (cont)UPDATE

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm amazed that he still gets approved, while I can't even get freedom from chase. Maybe I ought to go massive app spree and apply every credit-cards that ever created on this earth.

What a few members do on this forums with fairly good results lol..

Some figure they can possibly fix their credit with 92 cards.

Message 32 of 36
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Honestly theres an addiction problem involved but I see a very weak foundation for his house of cards to come tumbling down with just ONE missed payment or another AA... .... If you can keep track of everything and make sure not to miss a payment or not pay enough... He may be able to pull it off... But still.. Taking his toys and playing vs trying to obtain more for even 1 year i suspect would have a big impact. and 2.. if he still hasnt uhm.. messed himself up... and keeps it all in good standing hed be golden.. but thats a mighty big IF....

-J

Message 33 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@joltdude wrote:

Honestly theres an addiction problem involved but I see a very weak foundation for his house of cards to come tumbling down with just ONE missed payment or another AA... .... If you can keep track of everything and make sure not to miss a payment or not pay enough... He may be able to pull it off... But still.. Taking his toys and playing vs trying to obtain more for even 1 year i suspect would have a big impact. and 2.. if he still hasnt uhm.. messed himself up... and keeps it all in good standing hed be golden.. but thats a mighty big IF....

-J

Not trying to insult anyone here, but this person doesn't really sound like the type that would make keeping track of something a big priority.  It's a gambler's mentality, go all in and worry about the consequences later. 

Message 34 of 36
FeeBear
Regular Contributor

I would love to play Credit card goldfish with your brother! Of course I would be out after 6 or 7 picks Smiley Happy

Fee

Message 35 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Brothers credit journey of BRUTE FORCE (cont)

@Kostya1992 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

WOW!  I had to read all the threads.  I can't see how he gets more?  And 1 AA?  So my theory on being responsible is the key to getting and keeping these cards.  I'm a little scared for him but impressed!  Not about the cards he's acquiring, but the stress from dealing with all the cards.  

high_five-2495.jpg

Quote from him is "brother, commenity & synchrony just throws money at me", and they do! why do these store card (with many mastercard versions) just throw money at people? it's a little crazy, who works for these guys' credit departaments?

I think Synchrony hates me.  Never get much out of them.  Smiley Wink

Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.