Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buckle CC (UPDATE DENIED)

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Buckle CC (UPDATE DENIED)

I understand the desire not to go the secured route, but it is the most likely to work!   With a joint account, there may still be issues if they are unable to verify your credit info.  Obviously not where you want to start, but it's not that bad!

Message 31 of 36
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Got you, the reason why I would do a joint app is because my sister did the same thing and that was how she has been able to obtain credit and good cards.. You could say that secured cards are my last resort right now.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 32 of 36
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Sorry to see that you got denied!
Don't feel bad, I got denied Buckle when I first started my credit. Just the other day I got a $1000 Buckle Pre Approval, but of course now I have to resist the elusive "submit" button😔

So Cap One sucks big time, BUT they gave me my first card ever- with no credit history.
Started at $300 unsecured. If you can get a card like that, you will be good to go!
That was 06 though, before the CARD Act and limitations on credit for those under 21.
Good luck bud!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 33 of 36
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy thanks I will keep all this info in mind. 

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Message 34 of 36
HeilFico
Regular Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

I understand the desire not to go the secured route, but it is the most likely to work!   With a joint account, there may still be issues if they are unable to verify your credit info.  Obviously not where you want to start, but it's not that bad!

I feel the same way. You don't lose any of the money you put into a secured card. Get a few secured, keep them for 6-12 months until they have done the job they were intended to do. Then you can app for cards and have guaranteed approvals. Not to mention you would then get all those deposits back! Smiley Happy

BOA offers a secured card that graduates to unsecure over time. Capital One offers a secured card that you may be able to obtain for as little as $49 with a $200 limit. But with your profile they may require the full $200 deposit. The only thing is as the other poster stated, you will get hit with an inquiry to all three agencies with Capital One. 

@I had three secured cards last year. Kept them for 8mos. Two had a $600 limit, one had a $300 limit. Fast forward to January of this year when I began apping. The only other additional credit I had before this date was a 10k outstanding used car loan for about 1.5 years. (With a very high APR) I also had past baddies that I had to let age off due to being young and dumb. I'm 30 now and understand the value of having good credit. Anyway, I now have a new car @ 2.9% 20k loan, and another 35k in credit cards. My Fico is around 715 across the board. 

Credit is a journey. Do not expect leaps and bounds overnight. In addition, it would be easier to get approved for a card with a higher income. You should look into Student cards as well.

Good Luck! Smiley Happy

Message 35 of 36
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

@HellFico awesome story, that does sound good, and yes credit is a journey. Believe it or not I've made notes, and all this I have on a piece of paper. Thank you guys! Looks like right now my first step is to find a job by next month(reason is Im not done with HS until the end of this month will soon be updating my siggy), and Ill go from there.

Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.