Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buckle Credit Card Pre Approval Help

tag
texasman07
Established Contributor

Buckle Credit Card Pre Approval Help

Hey guys,

In checking out today on the online store I got a pre approval message from BUCKLE retail store that I have been Pre Approved for a 250.00$ card.  I accepted to take advantage of the 10% off, but I got the dreaded 7-10 day message!!! ARGH!

Anyone have any luck with this pre approval?? Or should I just say I got denied. I called CS and of course they dont' see anything in their system yet....

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: Buckle Credit Card Pre Approval Help

Oh they are WFNA right? I had luck with a preapproval from Victoria Secrets

Message 2 of 23
texasman07
Established Contributor

yea World Financial (WFNNB).  I thought it was a for sure!! 250.00$ low limit then got the message....Darn!

Message 3 of 23
john398
Senior Contributor

Do you have a lot of inquiries?

Message 4 of 23
texasman07
Established Contributor

If they Pull Experian (Which Im sure they will) YES!!

Message 5 of 23
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Never heard of getting pre-approval and then processing info... it's also usually just a soft, not a hard when pre-approved.... hmmm... update us.

Message 6 of 23
MagicShot
Contributor

Yeah that is weird. I was buying something on HSN for my DW and was checking out a year or two ago and got a pre-approval  @ checkout for their store card of $3500 no hard pull and was immidate.

Message 7 of 23
texasman07
Established Contributor

GREAT NEWS!!!

SO HERE IS HOW IT STARTED;  I WAS SHOPPING AT THE BUCKLE WEBSITE, PUT AN ITEM IN MY CART ( A 25.00 WATCH) WHEN I GOT TO THE SHIPPING INFO PAGE, I IMMEDIATELY GOT  A WINDOW POP UP THAT I HAD BEEN "PRE APPROVED" FOR THIER BUCKLE CREDIT CARD AT A 250.00 LIMIT.  I CLICKED " ACCEPT OFFER" IT TOOK ME TO A PAGE TO VERIFY SSN AND DOB.  THEN I GOT THE DREADED "7-10 DAY" MESSAGE.  THOUGHT I WAS DOOMED.

TODAY I CALLED-LOW AND BEHOLD THEY JUST NEEDED SOME TIME TO VERIFY MY ADDRESS SINCE I MOVED IN THE PAST 30 DAYS!

APPROVED 250.00 CL.

WFNNB HAS BEEN GOOD TO ME.  I HAVE AN EXPRESS STORE CARD SINCE 1999- THEY REMOVED 2 LATES I HAD BEFORE AND NOW IM UP TO 2160.00 CL

Message 8 of 23
MagicShot
Contributor

@texasman07 wrote:

GREAT NEWS!!!

SO HERE IS HOW IT STARTED;  I WAS SHOPPING AT THE BUCKLE WEBSITE, PUT AN ITEM IN MY CART ( A 25.00 WATCH) WHEN I GOT TO THE SHIPPING INFO PAGE, I IMMEDIATELY GOT  A WINDOW POP UP THAT I HAD BEEN "PRE APPROVED" FOR THIER BUCKLE CREDIT CARD AT A 250.00 LIMIT.  I CLICKED " ACCEPT OFFER" IT TOOK ME TO A PAGE TO VERIFY SSN AND DOB.  THEN I GOT THE DREADED "7-10 DAY" MESSAGE.  THOUGHT I WAS DOOMED.

TODAY I CALLED-LOW AND BEHOLD THEY JUST NEEDED SOME TIME TO VERIFY MY ADDRESS SINCE I MOVED IN THE PAST 30 DAYS!

APPROVED 250.00 CL.

WFNNB HAS BEEN GOOD TO ME.  I HAVE AN EXPRESS STORE CARD SINCE 1999- THEY REMOVED 2 LATES I HAD BEFORE AND NOW IM UP TO 2160.00 CL

Do you know if they did a hard pull?

Message 9 of 23
texasman07
Established Contributor

They approved me with a soft pull!!

Maybe because I already have an account with WFNNB-They can access my records without a full hard.

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.